The Student Room Group

Pharmacy University of Reading Assessment

hi i got a offer to study a four year Mpharm pharmacy (without the foundation year) in university of reading replacing my original choice which was the foundation year .. if that makes any sense ? My predicted is BBC which is higher than the requirements for foundation which was CCD but too low for the four year ABB or AAB i cant remember lol

i’m just wondering what’s the assessment like ? what kind of questions do they ask you ? is it hard ? what can i do to prepare as they said you don’t need to but it’s worry me haha
Original post by carley12326
hi i got a offer to study a four year Mpharm pharmacy (without the foundation year) in university of reading replacing my original choice which was the foundation year .. if that makes any sense ? My predicted is BBC which is higher than the requirements for foundation which was CCD but too low for the four year ABB or AAB i cant remember lol

i’m just wondering what’s the assessment like ? what kind of questions do they ask you ? is it hard ? what can i do to prepare as they said you don’t need to but it’s worry me haha

How did you manage to change the foundation year to MPharm?
Reply 2
Original post by xmelanieee
How did you manage to change the foundation year to MPharm?

they offered to change it as my ucas predicted is BBC which is higher than the requirements for foundation CCC ... did you apply for foundation ? they said i have to do an assessment to replace it.
they offered to change it as my ucas predicted is BBC which is higher than the requirements for foundation CCC ... did you apply for foundation ? they said i have to do an assessment to replace it.

I'm thinking of applying to foundation year with CCC but I think I could get higher in actual exams and I don't think any uni would consider me
Reply 4
I'm thinking of applying to foundation year with CCC but I think I could get higher in actual exams and I don't think any uni would consider me

why do you think that??? girllll be more confident !! you’ll be fine if you think you can get higher than that .. i didn’t think i would get considered by any but reading answered back ! what other uni’s are you thinking to apply to ?
why do you think that??? girllll be more confident !! you’ll be fine if you think you can get higher than that .. i didn’t think i would get considered by any but reading answered back ! what other uni’s are you thinking to apply to ?

I just feel like my predicted grades are too low though which is quite discouraging. Im thinking of Medway foundation and normal, UEA foundation, Hertfordshire. What other places have you applied to?
Reply 6
my predicted are low as well don’t worry im literally getting D/C right now even though i’m predicted BBC which is still kinda low ... if you don’t mind me asking what’s your predicted? but i’m going to study hard, this year they’re being more generous with marking apparently so you’ll do fine !! i was thinking UEA as well but i ended up not putting it down as it’s too far
Reply 7
I just feel like my predicted grades are too low though which is quite discouraging. Im thinking of Medway foundation and normal, UEA foundation, Hertfordshire. What other places have you applied to?

i didn’t hear about medway yet .. i should’ve checked that out before putting kingston for foundation and normal ahhhhhh
i didn’t hear about medway yet .. i should’ve checked that out before putting kingston for foundation and normal ahhhhhh

Yeah UEA is quite far for me too but not sure yet. My predicted grades are currently CCC, I tried to get them moved up but seems impossible. I'm also getting D/C too!
Reply 9
Yeah UEA is quite far for me too but not sure yet. My predicted grades are currently CCC, I tried to get them moved up but seems impossible. I'm also getting D/C too!

hahaha what subjects are you taking for a level? exams will be slightly easier so you can do it !! your predicted is good still so don’t worry too much about it .. i took foundation years just in case my grades are everywhere tbh
hahaha what subjects are you taking for a level? exams will be slightly easier so you can do it !! your predicted is good still so don’t worry too much about it .. i took foundation years just in case my grades are everywhere tbh

I take biology, chemistry and psychology. what do you do?
I take biology, chemistry and psychology. what do you do?

girl same !! ocr for biology and chemistry , aqa for psychology .. ITS SO HARDDDD but interesting .. second year chemistry is actually killing me lmao
girl same !! ocr for biology and chemistry , aqa for psychology .. ITS SO HARDDDD but interesting .. second year chemistry is actually killing me lmao

I KNOWWWW, i literally cry everyday because of chemistry ahahaha. I do aqa for all. Please let me know how everything goes for you and if you get any other offers! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending