The Student Room Group

Who here is thinking of going...

to Uni and who is thinking of talking a gap year or doing an apprenticeship?

+ what are you reasons
Hey, I’m in the second year of college and I want to take a gap year. The reason for this is because I don’t know what to study since growing up in a strict household I’ve never been able to think for myself and do the things I enjoy so I need time to find out what I have a passion for. The other reason is that I’m not mentally and physically ready since I lost myself.:redface:
Original post by DepressedLife
Hey, I’m in the second year of college and I want to take a gap year. The reason for this is because I don’t know what to study since growing up in a strict household I’ve never been able to think for myself and do the things I enjoy so I need time to find out what I have a passion for. The other reason is that I’m not mentally and physically ready since I lost myself.:redface:

What is it that you currently do at college? And I’m sorry to here about you not being mentally ready :frown:(( Will you be able to take a gap year? Xx
Original post by EllieroseFarmer
What is it that you currently do at college? And I’m sorry to here about you not being mentally ready :frown:(( Will you be able to take a gap year? Xx

Hey thx for replying, I study law and I’m not interested in it anymore like I used to be, the major reason for this is because the input from my parents since they pave a path for me and I don’t like that but at the same time I need reassurance.

Yes I have talked to them about gap year and they agreed and it’s honestly because they want to keep an eye on me anyway since they’re protective but little do they know I won’t be sitting in the house listening to their negativity all year lol.
Original post by DepressedLife
Hey thx for replying, I study law and I’m not interested in it anymore like I used to be, the major reason for this is because the input from my parents since they pave a path for me and I don’t like that but at the same time I need reassurance.

Yes I have talked to them about gap year and they agreed and it’s honestly because they want to keep an eye on me anyway since they’re protective but little do they know I won’t be sitting in the house listening to their negativity all year lol.

What will you be doing on your gap year? X
Reply 5
been in the university system for about a decade, ha
What will you be doing on your gap year? X

Sorry for the late reply but In my gap year I’m planning to look after myself, get a job, go travelling, and explore my options for university.
Reply 7
Hiya I’m deffering until 2022... what uni are you going to?
Original post by srs1463
Hiya I’m deffering until 2022... what uni are you going to?

I am thinking of deffering aswell now x
Thinking of doing a gap year before uni

Reasons:
I'm not ready for uni
Covid will still be interfering with our quality of education
I'm not paying £9250 for remote learning
I have no clue what I really want to study
Various other reasons I can't be bothered to type
Reply 10
I am thinking of deffering aswell now x

Awh, is it glos uni you are going to?