The Student Room Group

Transfer to medicine external students

Hello
Does anyone know of any universities that allow external candidates to transfer onto their medicine course and if so what year?
Or is better to just apply to graduate entry?
Thanks
Reply 1
Hi
I am first year Biomedical Science student and was looking into the option of transferring. But can't find options for external candidates. GEM only works out 1 year extra so not fussed if I have to go through that route
Reply 2
Ahh ok. thank you for your post.
Someone in my year mentioned it to me so I thought I would look it up.

My main focus is on medicine with research rather than general medicine. I could not get into general medicine because I do not have a-levels but there are unis that offer GEM with a focus on research. Again I know how competitive they are so if I do not get a place I will probably just focus on a phd.
Reply 3
But only a selected few actually focus on research others they just give modules.

Yes, Cambridge is my 1st choice. I was planning to do a levels this year as the exams don't coincide with my uni exams but it was cancelled so just waiting for what Ofqual decides.
I also know some uni's require UCAT/BMAT/ GAMSAT aswel but as they only last a year/2 there is no point me taking them now.
Reply 4
Sorry I meant integrated into the course. I know I can do more research after med school that is another option.
Reply 5
Hi,Has anyone successfully managed to get a MbPhD with imperial as a graduate entry?Or a MbPhD as a graduate entry with any other Uni.I know the competition is fierce but would like to know what made you stand out, extracurriculars? work experience? etc. I am currently studying a Bsc in biomedical science and want to try and be as prepared as possible.All comments welcome!!Thanks in advance!!
Reply 6
Yes UCL only offer to people on the 5 year MBBS course and I know most GEM is 4 years. But I have looked into it
I didn't realise Imperial cancelled 2 years in a row. I've still got 2 years left on my degree (1 year work experience) so I am just investigating options now.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending