The Student Room Group

UCAS predicted grades and reference

Hi, so basically I retook all 3 of my A-levels this year as I had personal issues last year and as unlucky as I am, I got extremely sick during my exams this year and completely messed up my A-levels. again. I had an offer for Medicine but I lost that. They knew of my situation so they have told me I can resit and reapply for September 2024 and they will guarantee me an interview and I do not even need to redo the UCAT exam which is an admission exam for Medicine. I talked to my college and they will not allow me to return again for a second retake so I've been emailing all the schools in my area but no one is allowing me to sit for my exams as an external student let alone provide tuition. There is just one school that replied and said they will allow me to sit for exams in summer 2024 as an external student but I need to pay around £290 per subject. That's fine I can somehow arrange that but I am really worried about predictions and reference. My college is not even replying to me and I'm afraid they will say no because you're not a student there we can't provide your predictions and reference. Could anyone advice me on what to do and if my college actually says no then how else can I apply to universities through ucas as in who can provide me with a reference and predictions?
I'm so worried rn I really don't know what to do.
Reply 1
Original post by flyingbunny.80
Hi, so basically I retook all 3 of my A-levels this year as I had personal issues last year and as unlucky as I am, I got extremely sick during my exams this year and completely messed up my A-levels. again. I had an offer for Medicine but I lost that. They knew of my situation so they have told me I can resit and reapply for September 2024 and they will guarantee me an interview and I do not even need to redo the UCAT exam which is an admission exam for Medicine. I talked to my college and they will not allow me to return again for a second retake so I've been emailing all the schools in my area but no one is allowing me to sit for my exams as an external student let alone provide tuition. There is just one school that replied and said they will allow me to sit for exams in summer 2024 as an external student but I need to pay around £290 per subject. That's fine I can somehow arrange that but I am really worried about predictions and reference. My college is not even replying to me and I'm afraid they will say no because you're not a student there we can't provide your predictions and reference. Could anyone advice me on what to do and if my college actually says no then how else can I apply to universities through ucas as in who can provide me with a reference and predictions?
I'm so worried rn I really don't know what to do.

That's so tough I'm sorry you're going through that. I would say its worth approaching specific teachers at your old school that you have good rapport with to write your reference or if not ask your new centre that you're sitting exams with- you'll probably have to sit mocks and achieve AAA to get the predicted grades you want for medicine so its worth studying hard from now. If not you can apply independently without a centre but you will have to find someone who will write a reference for you i.e. ex teacher/ employer but they cannot add predicted grades I don't think. Hope it works out for you.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending