The Student Room Group

Didn't link UCAS ID to LNAT until now??

So, I sent off my UCAS application a little over a month ago with 3 of my choices needing the LNAT. However, I have just discovered that you were supposed to link your UCAS ID to your LNAT account in order for unis to be able to see your LNAT test. I received an email from LSE about a week or so ago asking to provide details of my LNAT ID and registration since they hadn't received it but I didn't think much of it.

I've just added it in now, however, am I too late? I applied to Oxford and they have started sending out decisions for Law. With it being such a competitive course, I'm worried they might not do what LSE has done and ask if I sat the LNAT or not, and instead just reject my application outright.

Is this something to be worried about? And if so, is it worth sending an e-mail to the admissions team?
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm sorry but I can't say much about Oxford, however, I am sure that the other choices will consider it.:smile:
Bruh this is me right now omg. I got an email from Bristol saying that they still don’t have my LNAT scores ah
Reply 3
Original post by confusedcarti
Bruh this is me right now omg. I got an email from Bristol saying that they still don’t have my LNAT scores ah

Can totally relate to how you're feeling lmao, dw about it too much. It wasn't a big deal for any of my unis (even oxford!) and def don't think it impacted my application. I just sent an email to them with my LNAT ID and UCAS ID explaining I forgot to link it to my application and they emailed back saying they now received it. If you update your LNAT account with your UCAS ID, I believe it gets attached to your application automatically (not 100% sure tho), but definitely do send an email (with your ID) as well letting them know so they can confirm for you.

plus, I think you technically have till the 20th jan to sit the LNAT (even later for bristol - 26th feb!) so even if you hadn't done it yet, it wouldn't be a problem and shouldn't affect your chances :smile: hope this helps
Original post by quzalqurt
Can totally relate to how you're feeling lmao, dw about it too much. It wasn't a big deal for any of my unis (even oxford!) and def don't think it impacted my application. I just sent an email to them with my LNAT ID and UCAS ID explaining I forgot to link it to my application and they emailed back saying they now received it. If you update your LNAT account with your UCAS ID, I believe it gets attached to your application automatically (not 100% sure tho), but definitely do send an email (with your ID) as well letting them know so they can confirm for you.

plus, I think you technically have till the 20th jan to sit the LNAT (even later for bristol - 26th feb!) so even if you hadn't done it yet, it wouldn't be a problem and shouldn't affect your chances :smile: hope this helps

ooh thank you, you’ve helped to calm my nerves lol. i emailed them with my lnat id and date taken, and i’ve also added my ucas to my lnat account just in case it does anything.

if you don’t mind me asking, where have you applied? and have you received any offers yet? i’ve applied to notts, leeds, exeter, bristol and york. no offers yet O_o i was going to apply to cambridge (magdalen), but i missed the deadline lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending