The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lmao where are the 40 yr olds

I'm 28, do something about it ...

Thought so. I find the teenaged trolls on here far scarier than mature students or parents of students. I initially joined because I wanted clearing and application and work advice. Also at the time there were some fitties on here my age. So I lurked. Saw trolls taking the piss so I jumped in 👍now due to horrible marketing and over zealous censorship, tsr has fallen and most ppl here are from the same demographic which is like...14 yr olds but I'm not going NOWHERE. Lump it kids.
I know there's 40 yr olds. I was being sarcastic. I know about Oxford mum and harrys and them, they add a nice quality to this site.
Original post by KAy1a.2021
well i don't know could be trolling i guess

how are they trolling just cos they're 40

The amount of teen trolls is remarkable tho lol
They could be:
- Students
- Parents of students or parents providing advice to younger generations through their own experiences or the experiences of their children
- Working professionals giving up their own time to provide advice to those who need and ask for it.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Lmao where are the 40 yr olds

I'm 28, do something about it ...

Thought so. I find the teenaged trolls on here far scarier than mature students or parents of students. I initially joined because I wanted clearing and application and work advice. Also at the time there were some fitties on here my age. So I lurked. Saw trolls taking the piss so I jumped in 👍now due to horrible marketing and over zealous censorship, tsr has fallen and most ppl here are from the same demographic which is like...14 yr olds but I'm not going NOWHERE. Lump it kids.

''fitties'' xD
Oldie here! Also doing a law degree.
I'm not allowed on Mumsnet anymore. After all those things I said. About Mums.
lump it slump it my bruddas don't eat crumpets
and I agree with ur post too

Original post by HS_1
''fitties'' xD

Lol what!
Original post by HS_1
and I agree with ur post too

Lol how sweet
Original post by HS_1
lump it slump it my bruddas don't eat crumpets

Naw I mean like? 😎
Lol what!

Lol how sweet

nothing just laughed in agreement w ur previous post xD ''Also at the time there were some fitties on here my age'' and ikr *hair flick*
Original post by HS_1
nothing just laughed in agreement w ur previous post xD ''Also at the time there were some fitties on here my age'' and ikr *hair flick*

Could u not flick ur hair over my nandos, cheers luv
Could u not flick ur hair over my nandos, cheers luv

i'm stealing ur nandos now for the disrespect tyvm
Naw I mean like? 😎

wys b
Reply 15
27 and been on here since my first time round at University (10 years ago). Having applied for GEM last year, TSR has been the best source of discussion relating to GEM.

I can’t recall any 40 year old creeps though? 🤷🏼*♀️
Well sometimes middle age people like @Muttley79 and are really helpful because they have a lot of experience. They are very respected members and help me feel safe rather than scared
😂😂😂
It's here or Mumsnet so I can't exactly blame them.
Reply 19
As has been said, some of the older posters on here are students too, some of us have opted to return to education later in life, sometimes to do a degree for the first time, sometimes to do a post-graduate qualification which builds on degrees we have done when younger.

To be honest, some of the most thought-out and detailed answers on here are written by the older posters, particularly when someone is asking about more complex things.

Latest