The Student Room Group

Tall, dark and handsome men

How would you feel honestly if you met a girl and she liked you for who you are and you really clicked she but isn't into tall guys or dark hair or guys that are conventionally handsome.

She likes your personality and that's what matters most for her but her physical type would be 5ft9 guy with blue-green eyes, blonde/light brown hair and plain looking.

Would you be ok with this or would you feel your looks should be appreciated because most women think the tall and dark thing is the most desirable.

Scroll to see replies

Are you black?
What do you mean, does your gf not think you’re handsome?
Some girls may like Indian or White Black or Tall or Short or Beard or Hairless or Thin or Muscular

Personal taste and preference.

No big deal
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Are you black?

who? do you mean because I said "dark?" I meant that to mean dark hair and brown eyes
Reply 5
How would you feel honestly if you met a girl and she liked you for who you are and you really clicked she but isn't into tall guys or dark hair or guys that are conventionally handsome.

She likes your personality and that's what matters most for her but her physical type would be 5ft9 guy with blue-green eyes, blonde/light brown hair and plain looking.

Would you be ok with this or would you feel your looks should be appreciated because most women think the tall and dark thing is the most desirable.

Not really. Everyone has their own preference
Reply 6
Original post by GabiAbi84
What do you mean, does your gf not think you’re handsome?

That would be the situation. In this situation the gf isn't that fussed about looks, but if pushed she admits what is most attractive to her is a more unconventional "plain" face rather than stereotype handsome, tall guy.
That would be the situation. In this situation the gf isn't that fussed about looks, but if pushed she admits what is most attractive to her is a more unconventional "plain" face rather than stereotype handsome, tall guy.

Are you talking about your girlfriend though?
who? do you mean because I said "dark?" I meant that to mean dark hair and brown eyes

Not all girls or women like the same kind of man.

Some like White or Black or Indian or Tall or Short or Beard or Hairless or Muscular or Thin
So you're tall, dark and handsome but that is not her physical type but she still likes you for other things and feel unappreciated physically? your OP isn't easy to understand.
Original post by SpockAndRand
So you're tall, dark and handsome but that is not her physical type but she still likes you for other things and feel unappreciated physically? your OP isn't easy to understand.

That's the hypothetical situation, you understood it fine. It's not my personal situation though, I'm just asking this out of interest
Original post by GabiAbi84
Are you talking about your girlfriend though?

No we're not...this is a hypothetical situation
Your “hypothetical” situation is not clear.

But why would you care if your girlfriend didn’t care about looks but “if pushed” has a preference for something that’s not you?
Some girls may like Indian or White Black or Tall or Short or Beard or Hairless or Thin or Muscular

Personal taste and preference.

No big deal

I'm not sure you understood the OP. Say you're a tall handsome Indian guy and you're used to some attention from the ladies and you're often called handsome, gorgeous but your new gf says she really likes your personality but her looks preference is for blonde white guys, but that looks don't matter that much in the big scheme of things. You'd find that to be no big deal?
Tall, dark and handsome man here...

Oh...

Damn.
Original post by ShybutHi
Tall, dark and handsome man here...

Oh...

Damn.

so how would you feel if your gf preffered shorter, blonde, blued eyed guys?
Do you burkes not understand what I'm saying?
so how would you feel if your gf preffered shorter, blonde, blued eyed guys?

Bad.

Luckily I'll never have to worry about that because I wouldn't be her bf in the first place probably!
"Tall, dark and handsome men"

what are you, 35?
Original post by qwertuyuyuy
"Tall, dark and handsome men"

what are you, 35?

what do you mean? It's a phrase.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending