The Student Room Group

I had to send off my phone for a new battery yesterday and now I don't have one AMA!

So yeah guys... I'm without a phone for a while now (potentially a couple of weeks...) as I had to send off my iPhone 8 (got 2 years ago) and have never replaced the battery.

AMA.
What kind of place do you live in? When I smashed my screen a while ago I booked it in at a place in the city centre, and they replaced my battery while I was there I believe, only took around an hour or something. This was pre-COVID though so maybe they're shut now?
Original post by ashtolga23
What kind of place do you live in? When I smashed my screen a while ago I booked it in at a place in the city centre, and they replaced my battery while I was there I believe, only took around an hour or something. This was pre-COVID though so maybe they're shut now?

All apple shops local to me (and within a reasonable distance) are closed due to lockdown (I imagine all are) so, I can't walk in and replace it. =(

So this was my only option. Live in a small village a few miles outside a *hithole of a town. =)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Scienceisgood
All apple shops local to me (and within a reasonable distance) are closed due to lockdown so, I can't walk in and replace it. =(

So this was my only option. Live in a small village a few miles outside a *hithole of a town. =)

Ah damn that's so unlucky! I hope you get it back ASAP.

At least we're not really going anywhere at the minute 😅
Original post by ashtolga23
Ah damn that's so unlucky! I hope you get it back ASAP.

At least we're not really going anywhere at the minute 😅

Yeah except I recently landed a job (have yet to start though) as I have received news that the lab isn't open yet and so I'm essentially being paid to sit on my ass until an email comes in (can't rely on calls now) telling me where to go as I don't have a timetable. It's a covid-19 analysis lab. =)

Left my PGCE course in December 2019 just before covid hit and was seriously considering replacing my phone battery while spending a couple of weeks at my student accommodation before I lost it to get out of the house for a while (before Apple shops shut), was kicking myself when lockdown hit again a few months later!

Yeah except I recently landed a job (have yet to start though) as I have received news that the lab isn't open yet and so I'm essentially being paid to sit on my ass until an email comes in (can't rely on calls now) telling me where to go as I don't have a timetable. It's a covid-19 analysis lab. =)

Left my PGCE course in December 2019 just before covid hit and was seriously considering replacing my phone battery while spending a couple of weeks at my student accommodation before I lost it to get out of the house for a while (before Apple shops shut), was kicking myself when lockdown hit again a few months later!

Ah God that’s rough!

I’ve had a few things like that happen, honestly it stings so bad.
How much does it cost to replace a phone battery?
Do you think that your are going to die as a result? Rip :frown:
:wink:
Original post by AnxiousNobody

Guess about 20 quids

It cost me £45

£56 with delivery (to send the box to me, send it back to them and them to send that phone back to me). Yes daylight robbery...
Original post by glassalice
Do you think that your are going to die as a result? Rip :frown:
:wink:

Sadly I'm already feeling the effects of withdrawal, checking my phone on the my support page frequently to see if they receive it! I know it's at the local delivery office but in what condition I don't know!
Original post by KAy1a.2021
How are you going survive without Internet for a while?😅

Still have access to the internet, what do you think this is, the stone age (1980s)?! Still have my laptop luckily so I can keep checking my emails! Save me! D=
Good luck, may these next couple of weeks pass quickly for you.
£56 with delivery (to send the box to me, send it back to them and them to send that phone back to me). Yes daylight robbery...

Woah 😳 that's a lot of money for a cheap battery!!
Original post by Sanitizer
Woah 😳 that's a lot of money for a cheap battery!!

Hey, got me a couple of reps so, worth it!...
Hey, got me a couple of reps so, worth it!...

You remind me of youtubers whom be like: Please, like, share and subscribe and don't forget to hit the bell icon :lol:
That's what it sounds like lol 😆

Quick Reply

Latest