The Student Room Group

National Audit Office Graduate Scheme 2023

Helloo, I've got a telephone interview coming up and wanted to check if anyone else on TSR is applying this year? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I had my telephone interview this week and have just got an email to say I have made it to the AC, but no date yet
Original post by mrw2019
I had my telephone interview this week and have just got an email to say I have made it to the AC, but no date yet

Congratulations! I also made it through to the assessment centre. Was glad to see that they're moving us through the process quite quickly because I read a forum from last year where people were left in the dark for months about whether they made it to the next stage
Reply 3
Original post by berryjelly461
Congratulations! I also made it through to the assessment centre. Was glad to see that they're moving us through the process quite quickly because I read a forum from last year where people were left in the dark for months about whether they made it to the next stage

Yeah I read that also so was a bit worried! Hopefully we get some notice for the AC but most the ones I have done have been two days notice which isn’t ideal whilst working! Congrats to you too :smile:
Reply 4

Have you had an AC invite yet?
Original post by mrw2019
Yeah I read that also so was a bit worried! Hopefully we get some notice for the AC but most the ones I have done have been two days notice which isn’t ideal whilst working! Congrats to you too :smile:

Oh, damn that's good to know. I'll start preparing in advance so that I'm not caught off guard and nope I haven't received the invite yet. Have you?
Reply 6
Oh, damn that's good to know. I'll start preparing in advance so that I'm not caught off guard and nope I haven't received the invite yet. Have you?

No I haven’t, bit worried as someone said they’ve filled most the spots but hopefully they will get us in soon!
Original post by mrw2019
No I haven’t, bit worried as someone said they’ve filled most the spots but hopefully they will get us in soon!

Ooof yeah fingers crossed they'll contact us soon. I thought they were struggling to get the numbers they want because I went to a careers fair and spoke to someone on the grad scheme who said there's a shortage of auditors in the industry - then the grad scheme deadline was extended 3-4 times so I think we've still got a shot :smile:
I just got my assessment centre invite for next Thursday so I think you should be expecting yours soon too. I have a feeling they're processing people week by week
Reply 9
I just got my assessment centre invite for next Thursday so I think you should be expecting yours soon too. I have a feeling they're processing people week by week

Amazing! I got mine for next thursday today! Good luck
Has anyone heard back from the NAO? I had my assessment centre about 3 weeks ago and believed I would hear back 2 weeks ago. I have two other offers on the line, I really want this one but its a case over want vs job security at this point...
Original post by RandomlyCreated1
Has anyone heard back from the NAO? I had my assessment centre about 3 weeks ago and believed I would hear back 2 weeks ago. I have two other offers on the line, I really want this one but its a case over want vs job security at this point...

Heyy, I'd recommend calling the HR office to ask - they mentioned that staff going on leave for Easter might mean a longer wait when I had my assessment centre but I heard back from them last week so they should be able to update you if you ring
Original post by mrw2019

Thank you, I ended up getting an offer which was great to hear. Good luck to you too! The AC is not as intimidating as I expected because the facilitators are really lovely and do their best to make sure everyone is at ease. And if you feel like a particular task didn't go well, remember to take some deep breaths, shake it off and don't dwell on it when going into the next task, because they said they asses you holistically (and it's normal to be stronger in some areas than others).
Helloo, I've got a telephone interview coming up and wanted to check if anyone else on TSR is applying this year? :smile:

Hi I’m planning on applying to this in a couple of years any chance you could give a few tips about maybe any work experience or activities you did :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by bloograpefroot
Hi I’m planning on applying to this in a couple of years any chance you could give a few tips about maybe any work experience or activities you did :smile:

Heyy, I promise I'm not ignoring this and will get back to you after I wade through my final assignments/dissertation : )
Heyy, I promise I'm not ignoring this and will get back to you after I wade through my final assignments/dissertation : )

No worries good luck :smile:
Original post by mrw2019

Hey! How long did it take to hear back after the assessment centre? I had mine last week 😭😭
Reply 17
Original post by Agatha_boller
Hey! How long did it take to hear back after the assessment centre? I had mine last week **

How have you done yours already? I did my telephone interview last week and still haven't heard back from them
Original post by Hayshires

How have you done yours already? I did my telephone interview last week and still haven't heard back from them

I had the assessment centre almost 2 weeks ago but haven’t heard yet. Hope the telephone interview went well 😊
Reply 19
Original post by Agatha_boller
I had the assessment centre almost 2 weeks ago but haven’t heard yet. Hope the telephone interview went well 😊

Thank you! Is this for the 2024 audit grad scheme? How long did it take for you to hear back after the interview? And I hope your assessment centre went well too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending