The Student Room Group

LAE entry requirements

I got a 8887776655 for my predicted grades and I'm applying to do Biology, Psychology, Geography and Philosophy and Ethics (I'll change one of the subjects the subjects to Chemistry, if I were to get a conditional offer or on results day) I got a 7 in biology but the requirement was to get a 7 in maths too, but I got a 6 and the application still let me apply for Biology.
I'm used to seeing forums where people applying seem to have grades 7-9.
Would I be put a disadvantage to other students, with my my grades and the subjects would I have a good chance of getting in?
Reply 1
Hi! I'm applying to LAE too! Obviously I'm not their admissions officer so you probably shouldn't quote me on any of this, but I'd say it depends on what your different grades are in. However, I know that they do take into account the average of your top eight grades which is 7.1 (I just worked it out for you haha). A lot of people who apply do get higher, I won't lie to you. However, this is not the end all and be all. It depends how competitive your courses are, your interview, your reference etc etc. Again, I'm no admissions officer and I'm in the same position as you so I wouldn't even call this advice, just what I think but I don't think you should worry. Also, I don't think it'll be wise to change to chem on results day because of how competitive it is, they might have handed out like 99% of their conditional offers for people who want to study A-Level chem and the 1% will probably go to people who get like 9s in everything or live in Newham. In no way am I saying you won't get a 9, if you're applying to LAE you definitely can! Just my presumptions :smile: I hope to see you their next year! (Just a heads up, they changed their entry requirements like two days ago and by changed I mean increased :/ ) Hope this helped xx
Reply 2
Original post by ca_1234
Hi! I'm applying to LAE too! Obviously I'm not their admissions officer so you probably shouldn't quote me on any of this, but I'd say it depends on what your different grades are in. However, I know that they do take into account the average of your top eight grades which is 7.1 (I just worked it out for you haha). A lot of people who apply do get higher, I won't lie to you. However, this is not the end all and be all. It depends how competitive your courses are, your interview, your reference etc etc. Again, I'm no admissions officer and I'm in the same position as you so I wouldn't even call this advice, just what I think but I don't think you should worry. Also, I don't think it'll be wise to change to chem on results day because of how competitive it is, they might have handed out like 99% of their conditional offers for people who want to study A-Level chem and the 1% will probably go to people who get like 9s in everything or live in Newham. In no way am I saying you won't get a 9, if you're applying to LAE you definitely can! Just my presumptions :smile: I hope to see you their next year! (Just a heads up, they changed their entry requirements like two days ago and by changed I mean increased :/ ) Hope this helped xx

Thanks, I was thinking that I should choose the subject Philosophy and Ethics as the chemistry option didnt open up on the application form for me. I was thinking that on enrolment day (if I were to get an offer) I could switch to chemistry on the day as spaces usually open up and lae prioritises offer holders. But I'll wait for the q and a next week to see if this is possible.
Reply 3
Original post by GYA21
Thanks, I was thinking that I should choose the subject Philosophy and Ethics as the chemistry option didnt open up on the application form for me. I was thinking that on enrolment day (if I were to get an offer) I could switch to chemistry on the day as spaces usually open up and lae prioritises offer holders. But I'll wait for the q and a next week to see if this is possible.

Oh right that makes sense then I must've misunderstood you, sorry! But getting an offer and changing your subjects is probably the best thing to do. I'll be in the Q & A as well, hopefully we both get offers. Also, heads up, the way they do their interviews has changed, they aren't scored anymore they're just for the admissions faculty to get to know you and talk about subject choice and aspirations etc. So i guess that means more pressure is put on the grades, hence the increased entry reqs. I hope we both get conditional offers xx
Reply 4
Original post by ca_1234
Oh right that makes sense then I must've misunderstood you, sorry! But getting an offer and changing your subjects is probably the best thing to do. I'll be in the Q & A as well, hopefully we both get offers. Also, heads up, the way they do their interviews has changed, they aren't scored anymore they're just for the admissions faculty to get to know you and talk about subject choice and aspirations etc. So i guess that means more pressure is put on the grades, hence the increased entry reqs. I hope we both get conditional offers xx

I hope as well but I wish that the interview was factored in too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending