The Student Room Group

What are some good revision guides/ books?

Can anyone help me with revision, please? I am a triple science student and my exam board is AQA. I don't know any good revision guides that can help me, I don't really like the CGP books because of the layout.
I was thinking Oxford GCSE AQA for all three sciences or the Pearson GCSE AQA sciences but I would like to know if the revision guides are good or not if you used them. If you know any better revision guides, can you please list them below? Thank you all very very much! (:
Original post by Rodoshi S
Can anyone help me with revision, please? I am a triple science student and my exam board is AQA. I don't know any good revision guides that can help me, I don't really like the CGP books because of the layout.
I was thinking Oxford GCSE AQA for all three sciences or the Pearson GCSE AQA sciences but I would like to know if the revision guides are good or not if you used them. If you know any better revision guides, can you please list them below? Thank you all very very much! (:

I didn't take AQA triple science (did edexcel I think), but the main revision resources I used were physicsandmathstutor and also the free science lessons man on youtube.
Physics and maths tutor provide resources such as notes and past papers from what I remember.

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by abbbbbb.
I didn't take AQA triple science (did edexcel I think), but the main revision resources I used were physicsandmathstutor and also the free science lessons man on youtube.
Physics and maths tutor provide resources such as notes and past papers from what I remember.

Hope this helps!

Oooo.. Do you think Physics and Maths tutor has just the right amount of information for the exams? Thank you for your response! Really helps. (:
Reply 3
then i highly recommend freesciencelessons if you do AQA.

I didn't really like the Pearson GCSE AQA triple science ones - I prefer the Oxford and CGP
tbh, it's better to get oxford as it is aqa endorsed, unlike pearson
Also, pearson is edexcel, so you'd be better off getting the oxford aqa endorsed ones
Reply 5
check out primrose kitten on YouTube!!!
Oooo.. Do you think Physics and Maths tutor has just the right amount of information for the exams? Thank you for your response! Really helps. (:

yes! Physics and maths tutor, have detailed notes which go through all of the topics in the specification (for edexcel triple it definitely had this but not sure about aqa triple). Also, has past papers as I mentioned before, which is great as some revision websites like savemyexams (is that the name?) make you have to pay to access the mark schemes/questions i think.

I heavily used physics and maths tutor for my science gcses!

Glad this helped

If you don't like CGP Books, there's Collins AQA GCSE Revision Guide. It covers higher and normal tier content.
If the books don't help, you could try watching Freesciencelessons :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqbOeHaAUXw9Il7sBVG3_bw - He covers all of AQA Specification. Each video of his fits onto 1 flashcard that can be used to test yourself!
Hope this helps!
The website seneca learning is good for gcse science, not sure about books though
Reply 9
Original post by abbbbbb.
yes! Physics and maths tutor, have detailed notes which go through all of the topics in the specification (for edexcel triple it definitely had this but not sure about aqa triple). Also, has past papers as I mentioned before, which is great as some revision websites like savemyexams (is that the name?) make you have to pay to access the mark schemes/questions i think.

I heavily used physics and maths tutor for my science gcses!

Glad this helped

Thank you!!!! (: *thumbs up*
Reply 10
Original post by laurawatt
The website seneca learning is good for gcse science, not sure about books though

Thank you.
Reply 11
Original post by akshayaax
If you don't like CGP Books, there's Collins AQA GCSE Revision Guide. It covers higher and normal tier content.
If the books don't help, you could try watching Freesciencelessons :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqbOeHaAUXw9Il7sBVG3_bw - He covers all of AQA Specification. Each video of his fits onto 1 flashcard that can be used to test yourself!
Hope this helps!

For real?? Does each video fit on one flashcard?? That's great! To be honest I find flashcards really hard, do notes on books have the same effect as flashcards?
For real?? Does each video fit on one flashcard?? That's great! To be honest I find flashcards really hard, do notes on books have the same effect as flashcards?

It's different for different people. I tried doing notes, didn't work as well for me, but my friends take notes in books or on paper and put them in folders and it seems to benefit them, so it might help you too. If not, you could try mind maps. After I learn it, I usually tell my siblings or someone about it so I remember it more.

Quick Reply

Latest