The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Official University of South Wales 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of South Wales for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone,

If you do have any questions about the University or the courses that we offer, please get in touch with a USW Rep and we will be happy to help :smile:

Thanks!
Carrie
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
If you are joining us at the University of South Wales this September, this is our Freshers 2020/2021 facebook page. Join now to start meeting new friends, and find out about our planned freshers' activities! https://www.facebook.com/groups/182310719205080/ Rebecca
If you want to know more about student life, what it’s like to study a course, living in South Wales or what it's like to study at USW? Chat to our Unibuddies, a group of student ambassadors who have been there, done that and got the USW t-shirt (literally!)

You can view our students' profiles and send them a message by visiting our site here :smile:
Reply 4
Hi I'm Sophie and I've applied for BSc Geography and I currently study geography, history and English literature:h:
Original post by sjrising
Hi I'm Sophie and I've applied for BSc Geography and I currently study geography, history and English literature:h:

Hi @sjrising, good choice of course! If you have any questions about USW, the course etc. please do let me know. Rebecca :smile:
Reply 6
ive applied for mental health nursing! had my interview in november, just waiting to hear now... nervous and doubting myself :frown::frown: boooo
Reply 7
Hi, I'm Ethan, and i've applied to study Live sound and Events Production, has anyone else chosen the same
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of South Wales for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Hi im Demi and I start September doing the working with children and families degree . I am currently completing my extended childrens care learning and development diploma
Original post by Anonymous
Hi im Demi and I start September doing the working with children and families degree . I am currently completing my extended childrens care learning and development diploma

Hi Demi, good choice of degree. It will be taught on our Newport campus, which is where I am predominately based (when we are allowed on campus). If you have any questions at all, please do let me know.

See you in September :smile: Rebecca
Hi I have an interview for medical sciences next week. Feeling a little nervous
Original post by Celyn.1234
Hi I have an interview for medical sciences next week. Feeling a little nervous

Hi @Celyn.1234,
Congratulations on your interview! I'm sure you'll be fantastic.
No need to be nervous, the team are lovely.
You can find some great tips for preparing from Dr Lewis Fall here https://www.southwales.ac.uk/courses/bsc-hons-medical-sciences/2799/how-to-prepare-for-your-interview-for-medical-sciences/?story_types=high
Best of luck!
Ali
USW Rep
Original post by hawwie
ive applied for mental health nursing! had my interview in november, just waiting to hear now... nervous and doubting myself :frown::frown: boooo

Hi @hawwie, have you heard yet? this is the worst part waiting to find out. I have everything crossed for you! Rebecca :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by University of South Wales
Hi @hawwie, have you heard yet? this is the worst part waiting to find out. I have everything crossed for you! Rebecca :smile:

Nope, nothing yet ! Boooo
Original post by hawwie
Nope, nothing yet ! Boooo

@hawwie No news is definitely good news as this means your application is still being considered. The deadline for universities to reply to students is 31st March (if applied prior to the UCAS deadline), so there is still a few weeks left to go I'm afraid. We are still interviewing students and will be doing so into March. This might not help, but this is positive news,everything still crossed for you Rebecca :smile:
Original post by hawwie

Hi! I have also applied for mental health nursing. Had my interview two weeks ago. Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 16
Original post by Kaylee333
Hi! I have also applied for mental health nursing. Had my interview two weeks ago. Have you heard anything yet?

not yet :frown:
Original post by hawwie
not yet :frown:

Hopefully it won’t be much longer now. I’m checking my mail 4/5 times a day 😂 good luck. Let me know when you hear back
Reply 18
Original post by Kaylee333
Hopefully it won’t be much longer now. I’m checking my mail 4/5 times a day 😂 good luck. Let me know when you hear back

tell me about it! i've been like that ever since november ... it's painful haha... you too and good luck as well!!
I'm Emma and I'm a mature student (35), I've surprised myself with how well I've done on my childcare course, so I've applied for 3 USW courses. The 1st (conditional acceptance received) was a USW Foundation degree in Youth and Social Care at Cardiff and Vale College, the 2nd is Youth and Community Work Inc Foundation Year and the 3rd is Education, Learning and Development Foundation degree through my current college, Coleg Y Cymoedd. Still waiting to hear back on the last 2. I didnt apply through UCAS as I dont have the grades, so USW advised me to apply direct. The wait is killing me for the last 2 now......fingers crossed.Good luck to everyone waiting!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending