The Student Room Group

Unfit to drive, should she return licence and sell car?

Hi
My GF has a phobia of temporary traffic lights and getting stuck on a red light also anxiety. I asked about this in a previous tread and was told she should not be driving. Its clear she should not be driving for psychological reasons.

I have suggested that she gets rid of her driving licence or she will be prosecuted and arrested. And I tell her she should sell her car then we would have more money (I'm unemployed) for me to get a motorbike and money for beers and going out etc. Her parents gave her the car as a present for passing her test. (It's an 2013 VW golf only 33k on the clock)

With the money I could get a motorbike to get about and there would be more money for our beers and going out. I'm currently unemployed so we have not much money and she doesn't need that car seen as she only ever drives around the estate and across town to see friends and family which she doesn't need to.

But she never listens to me but maybe I could persuade her to sell her car saying it might be against the law to drive with a fear of traffic lights and road works. If she'll listen that is......
How about she goes on booster course and lessons with an instuctor first? That might help her. Then go from there.

And tbf - if you're saying she should sell
It just so you can afford a motorbike isn't going to persuade her. How about you get off your arse and get a job? And don't insult your girlfriend's intelligence by lying to her.
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you joking? Why should she sell her car for you to have beers? Alright, she doesn't sound like she should be driving but it also sounds like you're trying to swindle her out of money for booze.
^ Her parents will be very annoyed too.

tell her to out with an instructor, she needs lessons.
Since we've bumped a 4yr old thread already I'll tag @Ambitious1999 for an update on the car for beer situation.
@Ambitious1999 what happened bro?
Reply 6
However he's doing, I hope his girlfriend is no longer with him. His post sounds very much like controlling and abusive behaviour on his part.
Original post by Nuffles
However he's doing, I hope his girlfriend is no longer with him. His post sounds very much like controlling and abusive behaviour on his part.

They're reading the thread but living in fear of cancel culture. :biggrin:
This is actually making me angry, I know its 4 years old but this dude is making his bird sell her car so he can have booze, like wtf she just probably needed some driving lessons, even if she sold the car she or the parents should get the money like wtf. My mates gold digger girlfriend did something similar to her bf and I think its disgusting
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending