The Student Room Group

MIBTP interview

Hello!
I've been invited to attend to a MIBTP interview next week, and I'm so excited! This program is perfect for me and I would like to be prepared as much as possible. So, did any of you guys attended to/was approved after an interview for MIBTP (Mine is Warwick). That would be really helpful to chill me down.
Thanks in advance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I'm waiting for the reponse (Mine is Birmingham). Can I ask when were you noticed? Good luck for the interview😊
I applied too. I'm waiting for the outcome after my interview. Iazhou have you had your interview?
Reply 3
I also applied for Warwick but I haven't heard anything yet so I'm going to assume I haven't got it...
Reply 4
Original post by Jo12345678910
I applied too. I'm waiting for the outcome after my interview. Iazhou have you had your interview?

No😭 Can I ask which uni have you applied to
Original post by lazhuo
No😭 Can I ask which uni have you applied to

Leicester
Original post by phillj
I also applied for Warwick but I haven't heard anything yet so I'm going to assume I haven't got it...

I applied for Warwick too but haven't heard back anything... Sh*t happens
I got invited for the interview too (Warwick). I’m not sure what exactly I need to prepare
I got invited too..But don't know how exactly i need to prepare.
Original post by daniel_98
I applied for Warwick too but haven't heard back anything... Sh*t happens

Same here.... fml
anyone wanna share where they did any undergrad/postgrad degrees and work/research experience to see where we went wrong?
Original post by decapisland

Was hoping they'd overlook the fact that my research exp was literally cancelled especially since I'm an "insider" student, but I'm suspecting that's the weakest bit of my application ???

Same here, I'm 3rd year Biomed at Warwick as well. I have a first class average too (although failed a module in first year but that was mitigated because my dad passed away) and I have 3 years of experience working with NMR-spectroscopy before I came to uni plus a bursary I got last summer that ended up being a literature review due to COVID. The topic of the lit review was exactly matching the project I applied to and it was supervised by an MIBTP supervisor as well...

It's especially frustrating because I even got interviewed for a DPhil at Oxford (but got rejected in the end) and I didn't really expect to not even get an interview at my alma mater lol.

My personal tutor did say though that the number of applications this year surpassed almost every previous year.

Ah well, better luck next time and good luck to everyone getting interviewed!
Original post by daniel_98
Same here, I'm 3rd year Biomed at Warwick as well. I have a first class average too (although failed a module in first year but that was mitigated because my dad passed away) and I have 3 years of experience working with NMR-spectroscopy before I came to uni plus a bursary I got last summer that ended up being a literature review due to COVID. The topic of the lit review was exactly matching the project I applied to and it was supervised by an MIBTP supervisor as well...

It's especially frustrating because I even got interviewed for a DPhil at Oxford (but got rejected in the end) and I didn't really expect to not even get an interview at my alma mater lol.

My personal tutor did say though that the number of applications this year surpassed almost every previous year.

Ah well, better luck next time and good luck to everyone getting interviewed!

Your background looks amazing!! Super relevant as well, I'm actually shocked you haven't received an invite. So sorry to hear about your dad :frown:
Reply 13
Are all of the interview dates people have been given this week? Could be possible they send out interview dates in two batches, for the first and second week in March. Not getting my hopes up though.
Original post by phillj
Are all of the interview dates people have been given this week? Could be possible they send out interview dates in two batches, for the first and second week in March. Not getting my hopes up though.

Secretly hoping that this is the case
Original post by phillj

Emailed to ask and they said all invites should have been sent out.

"Invitations to interview have been sent out as far as I am aware and you would have been contacted by now to invite you to interview should you have been shortlisted."

:frown:
Original post by decapisland
Emailed to ask and they said all invites should have been sent out.

"Invitations to interview have been sent out as far as I am aware and you would have been contacted by now to invite you to interview should you have been shortlisted."

:frown:

tragedy
Reply 17
Has anyone who applied to the University of Birmingham (ideally in 'Understanding the Rules of Life') heard back about interviews? Thanks :smile:
Hi,I got invited to interview yesterday and it's going to happen next Monday. Does anyone have any tips on this interview, I'm really nervous! I applied for Warwick in the 'understanding rules of life' theme.
Original post by emsgreen
Hi,I got invited to interview yesterday and it's going to happen next Monday. Does anyone have any tips on this interview, I'm really nervous! I applied for Warwick in the 'understanding rules of life' theme.

So I don't have any personal experience but I'm friends with a bunch of current MIBTP students and they've all said the interviews were super chill and didn't feel like real interviews!

(May be different this year though as it seems super competitive - I've been told in preevious years the MIBTP had "clearing" of sorts where they reopened applications after the deadline cos they couldn't fill up all the spaces.)
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending