The Student Room Group

Royal Mail body sprays

I've sold 3 Victoria's Secret body sprays and will be sending them via Royal Mail, however I'm a bit confused whether to put that they are aerosols or perfume? Hopefully someone can clear this up?
Original post by Anonymous
I've sold 3 Victoria's Secret body sprays and will be sending them via Royal Mail, however I'm a bit confused whether to put that they are aerosols or perfume? Hopefully someone can clear this up?

Are they in a can? Do they spray gas or is it like a water spritz? On the product, does it mention about it being an aerosol or being highly flammable etc.?
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
Are they in a can? Do they spray gas or is it like a water spritz? On the product, does it mention about it being an aerosol or being highly flammable etc.?

no, they're not in a can and I'd say its more of a water spritz, so I'd assume I'd send it as a perfume, is that right? On the products it just says 'Fragrance mist'- no mention of being flammable or an aerosol
You're not supposed to put cans containing pressurised gas in the post... but if you pack them properly it'll probably be alright.

I'd put something nondescript like 'gifts' or 'samples' on the description
Reply 5
you can! Aerosols for toiletry or medicinal purposes (including deodorants, body sprays, hair sprays, shaving and hair removal creams and medicinal aerosols for prevention or cure such as flea sprays) are allowed in the UK mail with proper packaging and labelling :P but I'm just not sure if these are classed as aerosol or perfume so I don't know which to label it as. But thank you
Original post by Joinedup
You're not supposed to put cans containing pressurised gas in the post... but if you pack them properly it'll probably be alright.

I'd put something nondescript like 'gifts' or 'samples' on the description
Reply 6
There's also an option just for liquids not classified as dangerous goods? I'm so stuck on what to do!
Original post by Anonymous
no, they're not in a can and I'd say its more of a water spritz, so I'd assume I'd send it as a perfume, is that right? On the products it just says 'Fragrance mist'- no mention of being flammable or an aerosol

Yeah that sounds like a perfume. If in doubt, just to avoid anything going wrong, give Royal Mail a ring or ask your local post office for advice. Just to prevent you from buying the wrong postage or having to pay more than you need to do post it :smile:
Reply 8
ah okay thank you, I think they're actually a greater volume than what's allowed per perfume item, so I may not be able to send them :frown:! But thank you so much for your help regardless:smile:
Original post by DrawTheLine
Yeah that sounds like a perfume. If in doubt, just to avoid anything going wrong, give Royal Mail a ring or ask your local post office for advice. Just to prevent you from buying the wrong postage or having to pay more than you need to do post it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending