The Student Room Group

is laswap a bad 6 form?

I've gotten accepted into 3 different 6 forms on conditional offers - LaSwap, Marlebone and Camden School for Girls, however i am worried the only one i will get into is LaSwap. There was recently an induction day that i missed so i did some research and there's a post on the student room that says its one of the worst 15 in North London, however its from 6 years ago. has it changed? do you know anything about it? i know it has a reputation, but is it really that bad?????
thanks.. and help!
(edited 4 years ago)
You might struggle to get some replies on this, as unlike universities, specific sixth forms are relatively small and don't enjoy much national attention.
Bumping this in the hope that someone from the area sees
Original post by potnoodelss
I've gotten accepted into 3 different 6 forms on conditional offers - LaSwap, Marlebone and Camden School for Girls, however i am worried the only one i will get into is LaSwap. There was recently an induction day that i missed so i did some research and there's a post on the student room that says its one of the worst 15 in North London, however its from 6 years ago. has it changed? do you know anything about it? i know it has a reputation, but is it really that bad?????
thanks.. and help!

in the same position the website looks great but no no one who has been. did you end up going or finding out much?
Original post by Lola Langham
in the same position the website looks great but no no one who has been. did you end up going or finding out much?

Hey I’m thinking of going to laswap too but I’m not sure and there’s little time left to decide
Original post by CuriousK
Hey I’m thinking of going to laswap too but I’m not sure and there’s little time left to decide

I know people who go there, it's pretty inclusive, but does a very good job of getting people into good unis, they had an open day that included talks from ex students who were now at Oxbridge doing aero engineering, teachers seem pretty engaged. My friend had 9x9, 2x8, 1x7 at GCSE and an offer from Camden Girls but laswap had a better match of the courses they wanted.
Original post by Mr Wednesday
I know people who go there, it's pretty inclusive, but does a very good job of getting people into good unis, they had an open day that included talks from ex students who were now at Oxbridge doing aero engineering, teachers seem pretty engaged. My friend had 9x9, 2x8, 1x7 at GCSE and an offer from Camden Girls but laswap had a better match of the courses they wanted.

Sounds like a good sixth form! Do you know if they get free periods?
Original post by CuriousK
Sounds like a good sixth form! Do you know if they get free periods?

Yes, there are usually some free periods in the mix, but your timetable is going to depend on what subjects you take, and which of the four schools making up LaSWAP you are based in. Some people move between different schools if their choice of A levels need that, others do everything on one site.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending