The Student Room Group

part time summer job between in summer before uni

I’m in year 13 and going to uni i october and i’m planning on getting a part time job in summer so i can earn some money to use whilst at uni. Does anyone have a recommendations for part time jobs that doesn’t require much experience before hand for 18 year olds ?
Original post by Anonymous
I’m in year 13 and going to uni i october and i’m planning on getting a part time job in summer so i can earn some money to use whilst at uni. Does anyone have a recommendations for part time jobs that doesn’t require much experience before hand for 18 year olds ?

Hey,

Part time jobs are an excellent way to not only get money but also develop valuable skills.

Many jobs you may enter during the Summer and keep alongside your studies. Getting a job at a bigger company, such as a supermarket or high street retailer may enable you to transfer between stores (so if you are going to university in a different city you can keep your job and just transfer stores).

I'd suggest having a look on Indeed.com and seeing what options there are; many retail and supermarket jobs will be suitable for candidates with little to no experience. Most jobs will specify if they want certain experience.

Good Luck!

Tommy
Original post by Anonymous

Hello!

That's a really good idea :smile: Before starting uni I had a full time job over summer to save to be able to pay for rent which was very helpful. Also, over the summer before uni I was madly applying to lots of jobs at my university city and it can be really stressful trying to find a job, but you will find one that suits you!

I've had a job throughout my three years at uni doing anywhere from 4-16 hours a week and managed to balance my life style. I've worked as a retail assistant at two different shops and a front of house assistant at a theatre. You have to find what works best for you, and stay organised so that your prioritise your uni work/ revision, but also manage to have time to relax and chill out. :smile:

Therefore, I would recommend any sales assistant or bar work/catering roles that you can find. I would recommend looking on Indeed and setting up alerts on the website to notify you for part time roles in your area.

I looked on Indeed for jobs as well as shopping centres own career pages (which is how I found out about the two retail assistant jobs). You can set up alerts on Indeed to send you an email when a new job is posted, and I found this so helpful! It's difficult at the moment due to covid as a lot of student jobs involve retail/ catering. However, this doesn't mean you can't set up an alert to notify you, as places may be hiring for when shops/ cafes/ pubs open.

I have worked the past year working as a Student Ambassador, which I have loved so much! Its very well paid and flexible around my uni work. I would really recommend! I found the job on my university careers page. This is a really useful source to find a job internally in the University, but also an external job in the local area, as I found jobs posted on my careers page that weren't on Indeed. So definitely have a look from now until summer at your university's career page to see if you can sort a job for when you start uni :smile:

Don't hesitate to ask any other questions!
Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending