The Student Room Group

Parents pressuring me to get a job

My parents won't stop asking me about getting work experience over summer. I'm in my second year of uni and I know experience is super important but I want to enjoy a few week of summer before I start thinking about this stuff after a really stressful year. They won't stop asking everyday like I should be in a massive rush, as if I don't have the rest of my life ahead of me. Should I do volunteering as soon as possible or should I try and enjoy my summer. Originally I wanted to have a year break after my undergraduate and get some experience then before doing my masters but my parents are driving me crazy
Reply 1
Original post by Irregular154
My parents won't stop asking me about getting work experience over summer. I'm in my second year of uni and I know experience is super important but I want to enjoy a few week of summer before I start thinking about this stuff after a really stressful year. They won't stop asking everyday like I should be in a massive rush, as if I don't have the rest of my life ahead of me. Should I do volunteering as soon as possible or should I try and enjoy my summer. Originally I wanted to have a year break after my undergraduate and get some experience then before doing my masters but my parents are driving me crazy

You must be Asian?! :s-smilie: lol
Original post by Irregular154

Get a part time job, some of them offer 4-20 hours a week, go on Indeed to find one. That way you can have a job and still enjoy your summer. Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending