The Student Room Group

how many hours does it take to learn these 3 a levels from scratch?

Biology
Chemistry
Maths
For a person with average learning speed.

Scroll to see replies

They would normally take 2 years but with the right attitude would be quite quick.

I am a teacher of Biology and Chemistry Alevel and i am happy to tutor you (at a slight cost) if that is something you'd be interested in
2-3 years id say
Original post by IsobelMurray
2-3 years id say

3 years?
Reply 4
Original post by curiousperson123
Biology
Chemistry
Maths

What has prompted your question? Are you able to do these A Levels at school?
they're designed to be learnt in 2 years, but could possibly be done in 1 if you're really smart?
Biology
Chemistry
Maths

2 years
Original post by Kerzen
What has prompted your question? Are you able to do these A Levels at school?

No I am a private candidate
No I am a private candidate

Minimum 2 years. Maybe even 3 years
Usual timeframe is probably about 18 months. (September y12 to March-May y13) You could do it in less, depending on ability and support available etc.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
Biology
Chemistry
Maths

Did you get good GCSEs in these subjects?
Original post by _gcx
Usual timeframe is probably about 18 months. (September y12 to March-May y13) You could do it in less, depending on ability and support available etc.

Original post by rice LOVE
Minimum 2 years. Maybe even 3 years

How about 2300 hrs so approx 575 days or 1.5 years?
Original post by Kerzen
Did you get good GCSEs in these subjects?

yes all A*s
Maths could probably be quicker (in school we did it in about 6 or 7 months), but biology and chemistry have so much content to memorise that the standard 2 years is more likely no matter how quickly you understand it.
How about 2300 hrs so approx 575 days or 1.5 years?

if you are starting from September next year with a view to sit your exams in 2023, then that's the usual timeframe and you don't have anything to worry about.

If you want to start now with a view to sit your exams in 2022, that'll be a lot more time-pressured but could still be possible. I'd ask someone who knows your ability better.
Now I am curious, has anyone studies three a levels from scratch in a year and a half time? So if you learn the content/ study for 4 hrs per day?
Now I am curious, has anyone studies three a levels from scratch in a year and a half time? So if you learn the content/ study for 4 hrs per day?

Considering most people do them over two years in school with 3-5 hours of taught lessons a day, and then several hours of extra study every night/at the weekend, you'd probably be cutting it fine only having 4 hours a day to put in.
Reply 17

Do you have a particular goal in mind such as a place on a particular degree?
2 or 3 years yh
Original post by Kerzen
Do you have a particular goal in mind such as a place on a particular degree?

Yh well I want a*s in all of them

Quick Reply

Latest