The Student Room Group

Milkshake with ice cubes

Would it be a good or bad idea to add ice cubes to milkshakes to make them more cooler, or should I use ice cream?

Scroll to see replies

Put it in the fridge?
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Put it in the fridge?

Flavoured milk is put in the fridge, not milkshakes.
blend it with a couple of cubes of ice to make a frozen shake or yes use ice cream
Original post by Be A LEADER
Flavoured milk is put in the fridge, not milkshakes.

How does that make any difference?
Reply 5

Because you put Yazoo in the fridge, but not freshly made milkshakes, you must add either ice cubes or ice cream to make them cool, but I do not know which.
You could freeze milk instead so that it doesn’t water it down
Well, you're adding water to it, not milk or cream.
Because you put Yazoo in the fridge, but not freshly made milkshakes, you must add either ice cubes or ice cream to make them cool, but I do not know which.

Why? I think I must be missing something here, I thought it goes in the fridge, there’s no harm in that.
(edited 3 years ago)
Would it be a good or bad idea to add ice cubes to milkshakes to make them more cooler, or should I use ice cream?

ice cream
Traditional milkshakes are made with ice-cream, so id go with that.
Yazoo etc. are more what id consider a flavoured & sweetened milk

Think of putting a Maccies shake in the fridge, it'd still melt. I think maybe your best bet is a freeze box (not as cold as a freezer, but they're designed to keep bevvies cold.)

And OP, ice in milkshake is just wrong man...
Original post by V℮rsions
Think of putting a Maccies shake in the fridge, it'd still melt. I think maybe your best bet is a freeze box (not as cold as a freezer, but they're designed to keep bevvies cold.)

And OP, ice in milkshake is just wrong man...

I see, that makes more sense. cheers man 👍
Original post by mnot
Traditional milkshakes are made with ice-cream, so id go with that.
Yazoo etc. are more what id consider a flavoured & sweetened milk

Yea the closest they get to a milkshake is just before you freeze and you shake the **** out of them. An imitation but not a milkshake.
:yy: no worries man
:yy: no worries man

Wait ngl, I just thought of the time I put it in the freezer and nothing was wrong, I think the confusion was freezer not a fridge🤣🤣
Yeah OP, freezer man
Wait ngl, I just thought of the time I put it in the freezer and nothing was wrong, I think the confusion was freezer not a fridge🤣🤣

this is what happens when they keep swapping it around man!
Back when I was a kid the top was the freezer, now it's the bottom. :colonhash:
this is what happens when they keep swapping it around man!
Back when I was a kid the top was the freezer, now it's the bottom. :colonhash:

Lmao it’s a whole different section for me man🤣
I got one of those American fridges where the freezers on the left lol

I tried that when I was at a friend's home who gave me a self-made milk shakes with ice cubes in. It tastes cool and fresh, give it a try too. Its really delicious!

Quick Reply

Latest