The Student Room Group

year 11 assessments and ramadan mubarak <3

hi! i have a few questions:

1) when is everyone doing their assessments for gcse’s?
2) have you been given an ‘assessments’ timetable?
3) are the assessments ones that the teachers have made or the exam board?

ps gimme hints bc i’m kinda dying here :’)

also ramadan mubarak <3
My assessments are scattered around within the last 6 weeks of school, they're not proper exams as they're in the classroom and in some classes we just do an exam question every lesson or so (history, re, english). We haven't been given as assessment timetable so we need to keep track of when they are ourselves (i've noted all my assessments on google calendar). The teachers have complied exam questions from past exam papers, so they're all exam questions but they're made from different papers. Hope that helps :smile:

Ramadan Mubarak x3
Original post by justhelpm789

also ramadan mubarak <3

same i really need some help here tooo ,my school has literally not told us anything its soo annoying .Ramadhan Mubarak :smile:
Original post by Salli00
My assessments are scattered around within the last 6 weeks of school, they're not proper exams as they're in the classroom and in some classes we just do an exam question every lesson or so (history, re, english). We haven't been given as assessment timetable so we need to keep track of when they are ourselves (i've noted all my assessments on google calendar). The teachers have complied exam questions from past exam papers, so they're all exam questions but they're made from different papers. Hope that helps :smile:

Ramadan Mubarak x3

could you please send a screenshot of the timetable if u can?also has ur teachers acc given u the past papers?
Original post by Salli00

Ramadan Mubarak x3

thank you!! isn’t that quite inconvenient though like tracking it yourself? we’ve been given exam timetables & they’re all being done in class! good luck and i wish you all the best! you got thisss :’)
Original post by ml12345678
same i really need some help here tooo ,my school has literally not told us anything its soo annoying .Ramadhan Mubarak :smile:

wait like nothing? well i know that all schools are scattering their assessments between the next 6 weeks and then school is over for us year 11s! good luck and hope you smash these assessments :’))
next week , then two weeks break, then another two weeks of exams
yes

teachers have made because the exam board ones are there for everyone to see so there would be no point on those ones
no not much all i know is that weve got assessments hopefully i pass them
Reply 8

also ramadan mubarak <3

Hey I have my assessments straight after the Easter holidays and they are going for about a month and a half ig. Nope we have not got a timetable for it but we have a rough idea of what week we have each exam so can kinda figure it out. I think it is mainly assessments that teachers have made as for some subjects some of the topics have been cut out but teachers may get some questions from the 2019 of 2020 papers from the exam board

Ramadan Mubarak x

also ramadan mubarak <3

We (year 11s in my school) have final exams in around 25 days. Starting on May 10th and finished 3 weeks after. Its scattered. These will be in exam condition in my schools main hall and will be the biggest factor for deciding our gcse grade. These assessment are made by our teachers. We have not been giving the timetable, all we know is that it will cover a 3 week period. Also we will have mini exams leading up to May 10th which will also contribute towards our final gcse grades.
Original post by starinthenight
next week , then two weeks break, then another two weeks of exams
yes

teachers have made because the exam board ones are there for everyone to see so there would be no point on those ones

that makes a lot of sense, thank you!!!
Original post by ml12345678
no not much all i know is that weve got assessments hopefully i pass them

good luck! you got this just keep revising and do your best ((:
Original post by Anonymous5678383
We (year 11s in my school) have final exams in around 25 days. Starting on May 10th and finished 3 weeks after. Its scattered. These will be in exam condition in my schools main hall and will be the biggest factor for deciding our gcse grade. These assessment are made by our teachers. We have not been giving the timetable, all we know is that it will cover a 3 week period. Also we will have mini exams leading up to May 10th which will also contribute towards our final gcse grades.

that’s very different to our set up for these assessments! we finish after these 6 weeks of school and exams are scattered throughout these 6 weeks. it’s interesting to see the difference, good luck and hope you smash these assessments (:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Idk131
Hey I have my assessments straight after the Easter holidays and they are going for about a month and a half ig. Nope we have not got a timetable for it but we have a rough idea of what week we have each exam so can kinda figure it out. I think it is mainly assessments that teachers have made as for some subjects some of the topics have been cut out but teachers may get some questions from the 2019 of 2020 papers from the exam board

Ramadan Mubarak x

makes sense! i think the ones the exam boards are giving out are also just a mix from past papers (i know that’s what aqa said abt their assessments). ours are the same but we have timetable, we finish after these 6 weeks of school and exams are scattered throughout these 6 weeks. good luck and hope you smash these assessments! you got thisss <333

also ramadan mubarak <3

I start next week and there are 3 assessment weeks with a week break in between
I'm so stressed help
Original post by hello1284668823
I start next week and there are 3 assessment weeks with a week break in between
I'm so stressed help

omd, this may sound stupid but don’t think of it as a the final decision. there will be a range of evidence and your teachers want you to get the best grades! don’t ponder on the future and what’s going to happen if you don’t do well but just stay positive !!! you got thisss, good luck (((:
hiyaaaa

1) My assessments are before easter and after easter which a timed and in venues yh ik
2) I have been given an assessment timtable yh i have got them like every other day such as 1 exam one day but split in blocks
3) The assessments are partly Exam boards one and partly teachers as they are mixing the assessments around so yh x

Late Ramadhan mubarak as its too late and its really hard to fast when doing exams but everyoune good luck...x

does anyoune know how to revise for english literature please thanks ?
Original post by user6842344
hiyaaaa

1) My assessments are before easter and after easter which a timed and in venues yh ik
2) I have been given an assessment timtable yh i have got them like every other day such as 1 exam one day but split in blocks
3) The assessments are partly Exam boards one and partly teachers as they are mixing the assessments around so yh x

Late Ramadhan mubarak as its too late and its really hard to fast when doing exams but everyoune good luck...x

does anyoune know how to revise for english literature please thanks ?

ahh similar to mine!! good luck, you’re going to do amazing!! i recommend watching YouTubers like ‘mr bruff’, analysing mark scheme and what they require for the high marks and do as many practice papers that you can do <33

Quick Reply

Latest