The Student Room Group

Help with a 12 marker please!!

I have a 12 marker for Christianity and Buddhism to do but i havent got a clue how to!! the question is "religious believers should never fight in a war" so obviously it needs to have points for and against. peace and conflict has never been my strong point so any help would be appreciated:smile: thanks
Original post by Megandochertyx
I have a 12 marker for Christianity and Buddhism to do but i havent got a clue how to!! the question is "religious believers should never fight in a war" so obviously it needs to have points for and against. peace and conflict has never been my strong point so any help would be appreciated:smile: thanks

I've never done Buddhism so i can try to give some points for Christianity.
points supporting the statement:
goes against one of the ten commandments (do not kill)
not following Jesus' teaching to 'love thy neighbour' and 'forgive 70x7'
completely dismisses the idea of reconciliation and forgiveness
points that go against the statement:
you could talk about 'eye for an eye' maybe because it shows that if someone starts a war religious people believe taht it is ok for them to fight back-- suggesting that some Christians only fight in war if they are attacked first

i have written these points from the top of my head but i can add more tomorrow if you want, hopefully this helps :smile:
Original post by helloiambored
I've never done Buddhism so i can try to give some points for Christianity.
points supporting the statement:
goes against one of the ten commandments (do not kill)
not following Jesus' teaching to 'love thy neighbour' and 'forgive 70x7'
completely dismisses the idea of reconciliation and forgiveness
points that go against the statement:
you could talk about 'eye for an eye' maybe because it shows that if someone starts a war religious people believe taht it is ok for them to fight back-- suggesting that some Christians only fight in war if they are attacked first

i have written these points from the top of my head but i can add more tomorrow if you want, hopefully this helps :smile:

thank you for these!!! they should be enough if i can expand them:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending