The Student Room Group

EPQ help - what to submit??

Hello, I'm in y12 and doing an EPQ on Universal Basic Income

My report (which I've almost finished) is due at the end of this month, but I'm not sure which resources to submit with it.

Currently I have footnotes for my sources, but also a source analysis document.
Do I need to analyse all sources and submit it with the report, or later with the reflection? Also, which sources should I use appendices for?

Thanks so much if you can help, I'm just a bit lost!!
Original post by oldandsullen
Hello, I'm in y12 and doing an EPQ on Universal Basic Income

My report (which I've almost finished) is due at the end of this month, but I'm not sure which resources to submit with it.

Currently I have footnotes for my sources, but also a source analysis document.
Do I need to analyse all sources and submit it with the report, or later with the reflection? Also, which sources should I use appendices for?

Thanks so much if you can help, I'm just a bit lost!!

Here is a list of everything I had to submit for my EPQ
- Abstract -project proposal form
-introduction -activity log
-main bulk (arguments)
-conclusion
-reliability of sources
-literature review
-evaluation
-bibliography

In regards to resources, I did not analyse every single source I used but instead divided my resources into categories and analysed them from there. For example, books and then I would give one or two examples of the books I used but gave a general overview of their reliability.
I hope this helped!
Original post by Seahorse03
Here is a list of everything I had to submit for my EPQ
- Abstract -project proposal form
-introduction -activity log
-main bulk (arguments)
-conclusion
-reliability of sources
-literature review
-evaluation
-bibliography

In regards to resources, I did not analyse every single source I used but instead divided my resources into categories and analysed them from there. For example, books and then I would give one or two examples of the books I used but gave a general overview of their reliability.
I hope this helped!

OK, thanks! Did your source evaluation go in the bibliography with other references or as a separate document? I think everything else I have a handle on!
Your final EPQ grade is (roughly) 1/3 actual dissertation, 1/3 sources/source analysis/etc and 1/3 evaluation from what I remember. I made a table with columns titled ‘source’, ‘description’, ‘reliability (including if I plan to use it and why/why not)’. This needs to be submitted as part of your final EPQ and should have a full section within your EPQ (in the same way that your dissertation and evaluation will have a section). The bibliography will be part of your dissertation so you need your source evaluations to be separate from this - the bibliography should only really be referencing, no analysis/description of the source:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending