The Student Room Group

I’m so ugly

I just look so unhealthy in the face- I have hyperpigmentation and can’t seem to get rid of it and dark circles and I look so old for an 18 year old
I eat so many vegetables salads and water but still look horrible
My mum took a photo without me noticing and I realised how dead I look
Every other girl I see look so young whilst I look fat and ugly
I’m a size 14-16 whilst my friends are size 8s I always feel like a giant next to them I just hate myself
I started exercising regularly and have lost some weight and I just want to look better and no longer hate the way I look
Sorry needed to vent

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I just look so unhealthy in the face- I have hyperpigmentation and can’t seem to get rid of it and dark circles and I look so old for an 18 year old
I’m a size 14-16 whilst my friends are size 8s I always feel like a giant next to them I just hate myself
I started exercising regularly and have lost some weight and I just want to look better and no longer hate the way I look
Sorry needed to vent

Go to the gym and remain positive. Get a boyfriend. Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by Wired_1800
Go to the gym and remain positive. Get a boyfriend. Good luck

Yep, I’m going to carry on becoming healthier and losing weight
I think I’d look so much better once I do lose a significant amount of weight
And having a boyfriend is just a waste of time 😂 I’d rather focus on improving myself for now and I don’t think anyone would ever like someone as ugly as me
I always feel the makeup helps me a lot. Get some eyelash extensions maybe and some concealer. If you're insecure about your weight then do some exercise that you enjoy, it also releases endorphins and will make you feel much better in general.
Reply 4
I always feel the makeup helps me a lot. Get some eyelash extensions maybe and some concealer. If you're insecure about your weight then do some exercise that you enjoy, it also releases endorphins and will make you feel much better in general.

Makeup does help for me but I still look horrible my pigmentation doesn’t cover I just look so unhealthy compared to other people my age
And going to an only girls sixth form makes me feel even worse because they’re all so slim whilst I just feel like I’m double everyone’s size
no im uglyIMG_0139.jpg
Yep, I’m going to carry on becoming healthier and losing weight
I think I’d look so much better once I do lose a significant amount of weight
And having a boyfriend is just a waste of time 😂 I’d rather focus on improving myself for now and I don’t think anyone would ever like someone as ugly as me

I was of the same view as you (except I'm a straight guy) many years ago but I lost some weight and took a little more care of myself and many girls actually didn't mind. Don't think like this because it's very unlikely to even be true.
You really have to just accept them. I was just like you, felt insecure about my dark circles and discolouration but you have to understand it doesn’t make you ugly AT ALL. These things make you, you.
Reply 8
Original post by Kovalensky
I was of the same view as you (except I'm a straight guy) many years ago but I lost some weight and took a little more care of myself and many girls actually didn't mind. Don't think like this because it's very unlikely to even be true.

I genuinely think I’d look better looking this way is just making me depressed and then seeing photos of myself or seeing how others look without makeup makes it even worse
I know there’s more things to worry about but I’m tired of feeling so horrible about myself all the time
Reply 9
Original post by Moonlight rain
You really have to just accept them. I was just like you, felt insecure about my dark circles and discolouration but you have to understand it doesn’t make you ugly AT ALL. These things make you, you.

They make me look horrible perhaps it’s my diet But I do incorporate a lot of greens into my diet but I’m still fat and I still look unhealthy from the face
I genuinely think I’d look better looking this way is just making me depressed and then seeing photos of myself or seeing how others look without makeup makes it even worse
I know there’s more things to worry about but I’m tired of feeling so horrible about myself all the time

Self-image is very important, yeah it is not everything but it is important in leading a healthy life. It's not a petty concern.
Sorry needed to vent

i don't know what you look like, but let me tell you that you are so beautiful! the world needs someone like you! please don't ever think of yourself as ugly! you are not ugly, you are a beautiful human being made fearfully and wonderfully in the image of God! feel free to pm me if you need to, but do not tell yourself that you are ugly! it doesn't matter your flaws, you are loved, you are valued, you are beautiful and you are wonderful! don't let anyone, not even yourself, let you feel down!

i'll be praying for you that you realize your worth!

as I said, feel free to pm me if you wish!
what im sayin is this is actually what i really look like
okay then sheesh i was tryna show im not a creeper
Original post by immanueligwe151
i don't know what you look like, but let me tell you that you are so beautiful! the world needs someone like you! please don't ever think of yourself as ugly! you are not ugly, you are a beautiful human being made fearfully and wonderfully in the image of God! feel free to pm me if you need to, but do not tell yourself that you are ugly! it doesn't matter your flaws, you are loved, you are valued, you are beautiful and you are wonderful! don't let anyone, not even yourself, let you feel down!

i'll be praying for you that you realize your worth!

as I said, feel free to pm me if you wish!

This made me cry! That’s so kind of you
I think I need to forget about how I look and just worry about being my healthiest and happiest
It’s really difficult though when you see yourself and compare
They make me look horrible perhaps it’s my diet But I do incorporate a lot of greens into my diet but I’m still fat and I still look unhealthy from the face

Maybe you think that but do other people? Sometimes we have a distorted view of what we think we look like
Maybe you think that but do other people? Sometimes we have a distorted view of what we think we look like

I think that’s how I genuinely look because my mum was saying how I look so unhealthy compared to other girls my age
And the fact that I’m fat even though I’ve been trying to become healthier by exercising and eating in a calorie deficit
I think that’s how I genuinely look because my mum was saying how I look so unhealthy compared to other girls my age
And the fact that I’m fat even though I’ve been trying to become healthier by exercising and eating in a calorie deficit

Are you overweight or are you just calling yourself fat by what you see in the mirror? You are healthy and that’s all that matters. Maybe try to get a blood test done to see if you’re lacking in anything to see if that contributes to it
Are you overweight or are you just calling yourself fat by what you see in the mirror? You are healthy and that’s all that matters. Maybe try to get a blood test done to see if you’re lacking in anything to see if that contributes to it

I am overweight I think I need to lose around a 7-8 kg ideally a stone to be a healthy weight and I’m a size 14-16 at 5’6
I’m iron and vitamin d deficient but I’ve been taking tablets for those for a while and do feel less lethargic since taking them
This made me cry! That’s so kind of you
I think I need to forget about how I look and just worry about being my healthiest and happiest
It’s really difficult though when you see yourself and compare

it is difficult! when you see all those perfect models and the typical image portrayed by celebrities, "fantastic" girls and social media, we want to be like them! but one piece of advice i'll give you; no matter how much you become like those "perfect" girls, the beauty standard will always change!

so don't worry about trying to meet up to the standard. as i've said before, and will say again, you are beautiful the way you are! you are loved, valued, worthy, wonderful and beautiful the way you are! you were made fearfully and wonderfully by our Creator, and if He calls you loved, accepted, worthy, beautiful and His daughter, then you (or anyone else) has the right to say otherwise!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending