The Student Room Group

Step up to social work assessment day

Hi all
I have recently been invited to the step up to social work assessment day?
Does anybody have any idea what the written exercise will consist of?
Role play?
Speed group interview?
Thanks
K

Scroll to see replies

Yes, any information would be helpful as I really don't know how to prepare for it!!
There is a thread on here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4576504
Lots of useful information
Reply 3
Hi Do you have any information on this? I have the interview in 3 weeks and I am unsure what to expect. Also, unfortunately it is all over Zoom. Many thanks
Original post by Parmaham
Hi Do you have any information on this? I have the interview in 3 weeks and I am unsure what to expect. Also, unfortunately it is all over Zoom. Many thanks

I also have a zoom assessment booked and don't know what to expect. But the little I know is to equip yourself with the PCF point of entry. Hopefully it will help 🙏
Original post by Parmaham

Same! The written assessment is on Monday too. I was advised by a social worker to have atleast a basic knowledge of the recent serious case reviews in my area but other than that i have no clue what to expect but good luck to us all! Can we update eachother if we find any other info?
Reply 6
Original post by Ellsomers
Same! The written assessment is on Monday too. I was advised by a social worker to have atleast a basic knowledge of the recent serious case reviews in my area but other than that i have no clue what to expect but good luck to us all! Can we update eachother if we find any other info?

Hi, how did your written assessment go? I have mine next week and not sure what to expect, quite nervous! Hope yours went well :smile:
Original post by KLAC123
Hi, how did your written assessment go? I have mine next week and not sure what to expect, quite nervous! Hope yours went well :smile:

It was a case study with 4 short questions, a lot easier than i thought it would be! You get an hour & theres a timer at the top. I was so nervous too but you will be fine!
Reply 8
Hello there would it be possibleTo give us abit of guidance on what to expect. Thank you
Reply 9
Hi would anyone know what to expect with role play. Thanks
Hi, was it via Zoom? The written exercise?
Reply 11
Has anybody put in a reasonable adjustment request? The date for my written assessment has just been changed to the date of my Grandma’s funeral. I’m really hoping it can be changed but I’m really worried, Will have to keep my fingers crossed 😞
They are strict
Hi!Can you start the assessment any time between 9:00 and 12:00??
Original post by Bethevans041
Hi!Can you start the assessment any time between 9:00 and 12:00??

yes
Reply 15
Hi,I am meant to have my written assessment tomorrow morning but I haven't had an email with instructions on how to access the assessment. I sent them an email to ask but nobody has responded and there isn't a phone number to ring.Thanks
Reply 16
I have one too and emailed to ask for instructions where to find the info for the assessment and no reply.
Reply 17
Original post by Tiffany2
yes

Do you just logon to where you did the application to do the assessment? Iv not received any info except for a date and stating it’s in the morning

Hi, can I ask how the written assignment went for you? What kind of format and questions were involved? I would really appreciate any help!
Reply 19
It was a case study with 4 short questions, a lot easier than i thought it would be! You get an hour & theres a timer at the top. I was so nervous too but you will be fine!

Thank you, this is so helpful😊

Quick Reply

Latest