The Student Room Group

Think Ahead 2023

Hey, has anyone applied this year for the Think Ahead programme?? If so has anyone heard back from their application?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Jaskiren Rai
Hey, has anyone applied this year for the Think Ahead programme?? If so has anyone heard back from their application?

Hello! I've applied. Just recently submitted my written/video answers and waiting for results. It's my dream to do this program so I'm nervous to hear back.
Reply 2
Heyy! Fingers crossed for you! I really wanted to get in but heard back yesterday and I haven’t 😞. Guess it’s back to uni for me to study Ma in social work. Really gutted but hope it all goes well for you :smile:)
Reply 3
Original post by Jaskiren Rai
Heyy! Fingers crossed for you! I really wanted to get in but heard back yesterday and I haven’t 😞. Guess it’s back to uni for me to study Ma in social work. Really gutted but hope it all goes well for you :smile:)

I'm so sorry to hear that. I think it's great that you still have a back up plan and you seem so determined to be a social worker, which in itself says a lot of positive things about you and your character :smile: Best of luck to your future endeavours and thank you.
Reply 4
Original post by Shay2VG
I'm so sorry to hear that. I think it's great that you still have a back up plan and you seem so determined to be a social worker, which in itself says a lot of positive things about you and your character :smile: Best of luck to your future endeavours and thank you.

Thank you so much! :smile:
Hi, I sent off my application form yesterday and I have to wait up to 6 weeks now😩 would love to join the program so if not I will definitely be trying again next year! Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Hi all!

I applied last year and was shortlisted for a place with my local authority but sadly budgets mean that 6 spots became 4 and I was not in.

So I got deferred a year. In September I re-registered my interest when asked by think ahead. I was informed in December I would know more about placement confirmations. Thankfully this year the placement is perfect for me as I’m tied to only my county for reasons beyond my control.

So this month as in, January. I’ve been told I’ll find out more. Don’t know when so I’m checking my emails every day. Because I was shortlisted I was told I’ll be given a priority placement but honestly, nothing is set in stone.

Best of luck to you all. You’re doing a really good thing to try and get a job in such a giving field. Keep at it if you don’t get the answer you’re looking for this time. Try again. Be brave. Be excellent.
(edited 1 year ago)
Congratulations! I also ended up having to be deferred from last year and have also been offered a place this year! So far I have only been asked to fill out the declaration of suitability form
Reply 8
Original post by CallmeShan

(Original post by CallmeShan)Congratulations! I also ended up having to be deferred from last year and have also been offered a place this year! So far I have only been asked to fill out the declaration of suitability form

Thank you! You too!

Wasn’t this last year so long?!

I did my dbs deets again and my school certs. Just waiting to hear more about what’s going on with the placement location. I just wish they could tell me *when* in January that will be. Agh.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi all and congratulations! I submitted my application including the video section at the beginning of December so have been waiting around 7 weeks for a reply. I emailed at the 5 week stage and they said there are delays due to a high number of applicants. I am just wondering if it took anyone else this long to hear back as I am slightly nervous now! Thanks :smile:
I sent off my answers and videos today, did not know there were delays. That means it’s even more competitive 😬
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Splott
Thank you! You too!

Wasn’t this last year so long?!

I did my dbs deets again and my school certs. Just waiting to hear more about what’s going on with the placement location. I just wish they could tell me *when* in January that will be. Agh.

Did you hear back regarding your placement??
Original post by JaydeDanielle
I sent off my answers and videos today, did not know there were delays. That means it’s even more competitive 😬

I received mine back yesterday after about 8 weeks, and have now booked on for the assessment day on the 18th February. Good luck, hopefully you will hear back soon! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by CallmeShan
Did you hear back regarding your placement??

Not yet. Been told that the placement process is complex and we will all be confirmed a spot if we are in or out by may 1st.

I’ve requested a meeting tomorrow after the onboarding zoom meeting we had tonight.

Was anyone else there today? If so, hi. 👋
That’s so frustrating for you!

How was the onboarding zoom? I have mine next week
This is my second time apply, last year I didn’t get pass the questions and video part but I think it was due to my videos being just over 2 minutes long and I didn’t realise they don’t watch the videos if they are over 2 minutes. I’m now just over 3 weeks waiting for the results of the questions and video part. I’m so nervous 😩 has anyone done the assessment day? If so how was it?
Hi, I've recently passed an assessment day!
It took 6 weeks for my video application to be watched so I imagine it's quite competitive this year, so delays dont mean you haven't got in.

So the assessment day is much more friendly than other interviews I've had, no obvious good cop bad cop dynamics, no zero-smiling attitudes, no silly trick questions, and no bad energy. Everyone seemed happy. You'll be told your timetable the day before for each activity. I was able to laugh at myself and have friendly talks with some of the interviewers. Genuinely if you just bring your personality forward you'll feel like you're actually discussing topics you're questioned rather than being interviewed.
Hi, I've just been accepted for the assessment day, but the sign-up form is blank, has anyone else had this issue? I've contacted the recruitment team, just waiting on a reply.
Original post by SameDays
Hi, I've recently passed an assessment day!
It took 6 weeks for my video application to be watched so I imagine it's quite competitive this year, so delays dont mean you haven't got in.

So the assessment day is much more friendly than other interviews I've had, no obvious good cop bad cop dynamics, no zero-smiling attitudes, no silly trick questions, and no bad energy. Everyone seemed happy. You'll be told your timetable the day before for each activity. I was able to laugh at myself and have friendly talks with some of the interviewers. Genuinely if you just bring your personality forward you'll feel like you're actually discussing topics you're questioned rather than being interviewed.

That's great, cheers for the feedback. Kinda takes off some of the anxiety lol, and well done!!
Hi I have just passed the assessment day and received a conditional offer. It was friendly the roleplay was probably the most challenging.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending