The Student Room Group

What GCSEs and a levels do I need to do forensic science in uni??

A bit worried as I think my grades are not high enough for me to become a forensic scientist. I’m in year 10, just wondering which subjects I should be good at and which to consider for A level, thank youu
Original post by JuicyPearrr
A bit worried as I think my grades are not high enough for me to become a forensic scientist. I’m in year 10, just wondering which subjects I should be good at and which to consider for A level, thank youu

Hi @JuicyPearrr

It is great that you are considering studying at university post A-Levels.

We offer Forensic Science as one of our courses at the University of Hull.

The key subject which we require is either an A-level in Biology/ Applied Science (at Grade C for 2021 entry - this is subject to change so research entry requirements (grades) closer to when you apply). We also consider A-Level Chemistry as well.

Use UCAS as another search engine to see if there are other courses which have subject specific requirements.

It is important to consider which subjects you enjoy studying as well as fulfilling entry requirements to study Forensic Science at University. You need to enjoy what you are studying as you will ultimately be studying those subjects for two years more before potentially embarking on a degree programme.

Hope this helps

All the best with your GCSE's and A Levels

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
Original post by Uni of Hull Students
Hi @JuicyPearrr

It is great that you are considering studying at university post A-Levels.

We offer Forensic Science as one of our courses at the University of Hull.

The key subject which we require is either an A-level in Biology/ Applied Science (at Grade C for 2021 entry - this is subject to change so research entry requirements (grades) closer to when you apply). We also consider A-Level Chemistry as well.

Use UCAS as another search engine to see if there are other courses which have subject specific requirements.

It is important to consider which subjects you enjoy studying as well as fulfilling entry requirements to study Forensic Science at University. You need to enjoy what you are studying as you will ultimately be studying those subjects for two years more before potentially embarking on a degree programme.

Hope this helps

All the best with your GCSE's and A Levels

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative

Thank you, this helped a lot!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending