The Student Room Group

I’m unsure on what to do with myself

So... my mum thinks me and My boyfriend ‘aren’t good for each other’, in a way , I don’t think we are also this as I Tend to cause the majority of the arguments, like the other day - I was being a b***ch with him for no reason ? I’m usually not that mean And would class myself as a nice and kind person ( I even says my mum am I a nice person and my mum says ‘yes you are’ )but I just snapped. I sometimes feel irritated with him also in general so maybe it’s just me and maybe I’m just not good enough to be in a relationship idk. I have a bit of anxiety And I tend to overthink a lot and I tend to overthink a lot. Probably doesn’t help me being relationship. Like All the time and I worry when he’s with me. The thing is I love him And He loves me , surprisingly still even though he’s had to put up with my actions. At the end of the day, I feel like I’m better in my own because I wasn’t as stressed as I am now when I wasn’t in relationship. I’m just unsure what to do really And I feel stuck. Any advice please?
Original post by Anonymous
So... my mum thinks me and My boyfriend ‘aren’t good for each other’, in a way , I don’t think we are also this as I Tend to cause the majority of the arguments, like the other day - I was being a b***ch with him for no reason ? I’m usually not that mean And would class myself as a nice and kind person ( I even says my mum am I a nice person and my mum says ‘yes you are’ )but I just snapped. I sometimes feel irritated with him also in general so maybe it’s just me and maybe I’m just not good enough to be in a relationship idk. I have a bit of anxiety And I tend to overthink a lot and I tend to overthink a lot. Probably doesn’t help me being relationship. Like All the time and I worry when he’s with me. The thing is I love him And He loves me , surprisingly still even though he’s had to put up with my actions. At the end of the day, I feel like I’m better in my own because I wasn’t as stressed as I am now when I wasn’t in relationship. I’m just unsure what to do really And I feel stuck. Any advice please?

please please please break up with him. for some people, there's just a certain type of personality that puts them off so every time they go into interacting with them, you find excuses to be annoyed at them. it feels like everything they do, even harmless things, just annoys you and you hate them for a while then the next day you think they're perfect and misunderstood then it happens all over again. i dont doubt you love each other and both are good people, but if something about him has set you off from the start, you're constantly going to be irritated at the smallest things he does. its exactly the same with my friend. she doesn't have a bad personality but she's headstrong and will keep arguing until someone gives in and if this is during free time, it just sets me off when really it isn't something big i should be bothered about. leave him, getting irritated by him constantly is a major red flag that you can't usually move on from because what you get irritated by is out of your control. you can't fix it the way you can move on from trust issues, miscommunication etc
Seems to me like you have a clear sign of emotional issues. If you’re just causing arguments and being a b*tch to your boyfriend, for no reason, I think he deserves way better than that.

This is just toxic at this point. Yes, you love him but it’s going to be worthwhile for you to get your emotions straight before continuing with him, the poor guy probably doesn’t even do anything. No, he doesn’t have to put up with your actions, leave him and take some space away from each other.

It may as well be that you need to be single for a while because you’re overthinking is messing up your happiness.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Seems to me like you have a clear sign of emotional issues. If you’re just causing arguments and being a b*tch to your boyfriend, for no reason, I think he deserves way better than that.

This is just toxic at this point. Yes, you love him but it’s going to be worthwhile for you to get your emotions straight before continuing with him, the poor guy probably doesn’t even do anything. No, he doesn’t have to put up with your actions, leave him and take some space away from each other.

It may as well be that you need to be single for a while because you’re overthinking is messing up your happiness.

Thank you for your comment, we’ve both made mistakes in the past at The end of the day. We’ve decided to move forward from this and I’ve apologised to him multiple of times to how badly behaved I was. I’m surprised he’s still with me tbh.
Reply 4
please please please break up with him. for some people, there's just a certain type of personality that puts them off so every time they go into interacting with them, you find excuses to be annoyed at them. it feels like everything they do, even harmless things, just annoys you and you hate them for a while then the next day you think they're perfect and misunderstood then it happens all over again. i dont doubt you love each other and both are good people, but if something about him has set you off from the start, you're constantly going to be irritated at the smallest things he does. its exactly the same with my friend. she doesn't have a bad personality but she's headstrong and will keep arguing until someone gives in and if this is during free time, it just sets me off when really it isn't something big i should be bothered about. leave him, getting irritated by him constantly is a major red flag that you can't usually move on from because what you get irritated by is out of your control. you can't fix it the way you can move on from trust issues, miscommunication etc

Thankyou for you’re comment, we’ve decided to move forward from this. He claims I was just having a “bad moment” as we all do but I just think I was being a bad gf at the time and in general with him, but he says otherwise and says Im an “amazing gf” even though sometimes I don’t feel like it. Everyone makes mistakes like we’ve both made them. The good thing is that I noticed I was being sh*tty with him and I understood where I was wrong so I’ve Apologised to him.
Reply 5
Thankyou for you’re comment, we’ve decided to move forward from this. He claims I was just having a “bad moment” as we all do but I just think I was being a bad gf at the time and in general with him, but he says otherwise and says Im an “amazing gf” even though sometimes I don’t feel like it. Everyone makes mistakes like we’ve both made them. The good thing is that I noticed I was being sh*tty with him and I understood where I was wrong so I’ve Apologised to him.

I think I just need to work on my words / think before I speak for in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending