The Student Room Group

Days in uni for law

Can anyone tell me roughly how many days a week I'll have lectures/seminars for law?

And will the number of days I'm needed in decrease in later years?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
you can actually view past timetables on the Leeds university website. looks like you're in three days a week, at least in first year. i didn't read them all; i'll let you do that.

http://webprod3.leeds.ac.uk/catalogue/dynprogrammes.asp?Y=202021&P=LLB-LAW3Y
Original post by jamieclarke123
Can anyone tell me roughly how many days a week I'll have lectures/seminars for law?

And will the number of days I'm needed in decrease in later years?

I've firmed Leeds and am thinking of changing to another university that is closer and more accessible to me.

What university are you considering changing it to? If you don't mind saying.
Original post by Joleee
you can actually view past timetables on the Leeds university website. looks like you're in three days a week, at least in first year. i didn't read them all; i'll let you do that.

http://webprod3.leeds.ac.uk/catalogue/dynprogrammes.asp?Y=202021&P=LLB-LAW3Y

Thank you.

Is it normal that in year 2 and 3 you'll be in less days?
Original post by Studio#0048
What university are you considering changing it to? If you don't mind saying.

Manchester at AAA.

Leeds offer is ABB which is why I firmed.
Reply 5
Original post by jamieclarke123
Thank you.

Is it normal that in year 2 and 3 you'll be in less days?

no worries :smile: you can look at the timetable for all three years and compare on that link i gave you above. it's hard to say because i didn't go to Leeds. in third year tho you typically build your own schedule cuz you get more optional modules and perhaps even no required ones. the issue for you then would be when you choose your modules you perhaps won't know what days those classes will be held on.
Original post by Joleee
no worries :smile: you can look at the timetable for all three years and compare on that link i gave you above. it's hard to say because i didn't go to Leeds. in third year tho you typically build your own schedule cuz you get more optional modules and perhaps even no required ones. the issue for you then would be when you choose your modules you perhaps won't know what days those classes will be held on.

Leeds pros:
1.) Lower offer of ABB, which I must firm to get the lower offer
2.) Would have firmed if exams had gone ahead
3.) Much nicer accommodation

Leeds cons:
1.) Distance and travel costs are very high, so would be difficult to move back home.
2.) You have to do a dissertation in final year

Manchester pros:
1.) Closer to home, so cheaper and can move back home and travel to lectures easily
2.) Preferred location because it is a bigger city.

Manchester cons:
1.) Higher offer of AAA. If I miss my offer I would not be happy going to my insurance, mainly because I've always been set on these two unis.
2.) Student satisfaction rates are low and seems to have a bad reputation from students - 73% compared to Leeds 90%

Would you say that I have made the right choice in firming Leeds?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending