The Student Room Group

Gap year 2021-22?

Is anyone here taking a gap year 2021-22, & what are you planning on doing? If you’re travelling, where are you looking at going? Not surprisingly, I want to go to Australia (and maybe Puerto Rico since that’s always been a dream of mine) but I’m not sure how it will work with border restrictions...

I’d love to hear from any gap year students! :smile:
Original post by BeccaSX_x
Is anyone here taking a gap year 2021-22, & what are you planning on doing? If you’re travelling, where are you looking at going? Not surprisingly, I want to go to Australia (and maybe Puerto Rico since that’s always been a dream of mine) but I’m not sure how it will work with border restrictions...

Hi! I am thinking of doing a gap year 2021-22 (not 100% sure yet), I was thinking of travelling Europe if anything because I think it'll be easier with covid and easier to get home in case (I'm not from the UK, but an EU country), but Australia and Puerto Rico sound really cool! (in fact I was thinking of going to Central America for a Spanish course somewhere in winter if covid situation gets better). But tbh mostly I am thinking of volunteering and some internships if that's possible and working (even if abroad) to both save up for uni, but also to have some things to put on my uni applications since the main reason I want to take a gap year is to apply to the US unis for start in 2022 :smile:

PM me if you wanna talk more about the ideas for gap year :wink:
Original post by BeccaSX_x

Hi :smile: I'm tryna take a gap year 2021-22 as well - I'd love to go anywhere but also am trying to get to australia - I am looking into the programmes like'Living in Paradise' (I think it's called that?) which gets you into australia and gives you some money to help pay for quarantine. I'm also a bit stuck on ideas and border restrictions so I'd love to talk more if you're down :smile:
Reply 3
Hiya - I’m taking a gap year 2021-22 as well! Planning on travelling Europe by interrailing, but if covid prevents that I plan to just work here in England for a while to get some experience and money :smile:
Yeah i want to take a gap year too, probably travelling around Europe. I might work in outdoor adventure, because they often provide accommodation and you don't have to be too qualified to get a job, but tbh I'm fine working in bars and pubs and stuff to finance my travelling. I don't wanna end up with a load of debt so i guess ill just work as i travel.
Reply 5
Sounds like you all have some great ideas! My family thinks I’m mad for doing this when I have offers from good unis for this year, but I really think it will benefit me and reading you guys’ comments has made me feel loads more reassured about it all, so thank you :smile:
Original post by amyt09
Hiya - I’m taking a gap year 2021-22 as well! Planning on travelling Europe by interrailing, but if covid prevents that I plan to just work here in England for a while to get some experience and money :smile:

Hi! i’m also planning to interrail europe for my gap year :smile: when do u plan to go? x
Reply 7
I want to travel too, but covid restrictions Just working atm
Reply 8
I am also taking a gap year this year and would like things that I can do that will benefit me and gain me skills and experiences.
I also want to travel to different parts of England, so are there any agencies or organisations that can provide gap year students with a vacation together if that is possible?
Thanks
Original post by lizziemcke0
Hi :smile: I'm tryna take a gap year 2021-22 as well - I'd love to go anywhere but also am trying to get to australia - I am looking into the programmes like'Living in Paradise' (I think it's called that?) which gets you into australia and gives you some money to help pay for quarantine. I'm also a bit stuck on ideas and border restrictions so I'd love to talk more if you're down :smile:

Hi, i also wanna go on a gap year, and currently Australia looks pretty good, ik you can get a wokring holiday visa to alow you to work and travel, however you need to have a certain amount of money (around £2700) to even apply for it

Quick Reply

Latest