The Student Room Group

Student Finance Overpayment

So I went to University, took two years out and was due to return in 2023, but fell pregnant. I notified the university through the online portal about not returning. I’ve now decided to go back this year 2024/25 to study online instead.

SLC have over paid a maintenance loan, “supposedly” and I’m not sure how when I never applied again for my second year when I was taking the Accelerated degree - why would I apply if I put my decision in to not return and go on a break/GAP.

Because I’ll be applying for a maintenance loan for this year 2024/25 - can they just take the first installation for the maintenance loan and not pay me the first lump some. I’m pretty sure I’ve done this before when they messed up.
Hi there. Does your letter about the overpayment state which Academic Year it's from? An overpayment would only occur from a year where your registration was confirmed and you had made an application.

If the overpayment is not paid back straight away, it would be deducted from your future entitlement.

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. Does your letter about the overpayment state which Academic Year it's from? An overpayment would only occur from a year where your registration was confirmed and you had made an application.
If the overpayment is not paid back straight away, it would be deducted from your future entitlement.
Thanks, Leah.

It says from 2021/22.

I’ve checked every bank statement and there is no received amount from SLC. So I’m not sure where they are getting this from. And as I withdrew from the course, I’m baffled that this is even happening.
Original post by Ted0402
It says from 2021/22.
I’ve checked every bank statement and there is no received amount from SLC. So I’m not sure where they are getting this from. And as I withdrew from the course, I’m baffled that this is even happening.

If you want to call us on 0300 100 0607 or via the live chat in your account, we can check this further for you. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending