Imperial College London
London

Chance of getting an offer from imperial

Hello I just want to see my chances of getting an offer
Applying to ICL Geophysics Msci with a year abroad
Alevel prediction:tongue:hysics-A*,further math-A*
Alevel that I have achieved: math-A*
Gcse:977666554 (not the best I know) :frown:
My PS is at an ok level so what do u think my chances of getting an offer is?

Scroll to see replies

Bump
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
None of us will know exactly unless we’re secretly imperial admissions staff. Just make sure you meet their requirements including the 6 in English language at gcse. If you really want to get I’m spend some of your summer improving your PS so it’s better than just ok.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by LeoHsieh20040725
Hello I just want to see my chances of getting an offer
Applying to ICL Geophysics Msci with a year abroad
Alevel prediction:tongue:hysics-A*,further math-A*
Alevel that I have achieved: math-A*
Gcse:977666554 (not the best I know) :frown:
My PS is at an ok level so what do u think my chances of getting an offer is?

Well, the minimum offer seems to be AAA with Maths & Physics, so academically you're in the ballpark.

That's about as much as we can say. The only way to give yourself no chance at all is to not apply.
Reply 4
Overseas or U.K. applicant? I don’t think the geosciences courses are as oversubscribed as some.
Original post by ajj2000
Overseas or U.K. applicant? I don’t think the geosciences courses are as oversubscribed as some.

Oversea I am applying as an international
Original post by Admit-One
Well, the minimum offer seems to be AAA with Maths & Physics, so academically you're in the ballpark.

That's about as much as we can say. The only way to give yourself no chance at all is to not apply.

So like my gcse shouldn’t be an issue then with my alevel yh?

So my alevel should cover my bad gcse then
Original post by ajj2000

Do that put me in a disadvantage if I apply as international?
Home and International are considered the same for non-capped courses, (IE Medicine).

The only people that say what weighting Imperial put on a GCSE profile is Imperial themselves. Everyone else would just be guessing.
Home and International are considered the same for non-capped courses, (IE Medicine).

The only people that say what weighting Imperial put on a GCSE profile is Imperial themselves. Everyone else would just be guessing.

Lol so I can’t do a thing apart from praying that they gimme offer
Reply 11

Yeah that's how it works, you apply and wait to see if you get an offer

Just call them ahead of applying, "I'm aware my GCSE profile isn't the strongest and wondered if you could give me any guidance as to how I'd be considered?". They'll either be encouraging or not.

Either way, the objective isn't to get five offers back and then struggle to pick betwen them. If you want a chance at Imperial, apply.
Just call them ahead of applying, "I'm aware my GCSE profile isn't the strongest and wondered if you could give me any guidance as to how I'd be considered?". They'll either be encouraging or not.

Either way, the objective isn't to get five offers back and then struggle to pick betwen them. If you want a chance at Imperial, apply.

Okok Btw one more question are universities giving out less offers due to cancellation of exams?
Okok Btw one more question are universities giving out less offers due to cancellation of exams?

Very likely yes, due to uncertainty about teacher assessed grades which are typically higher than the "real thing", and also because a lot more students than usual deferred from last year, so you are also in competition with some of the 2020 cohort.
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Very likely yes, due to uncertainty about teacher assessed grades which are typically higher than the "real thing", and also because a lot more students than usual deferred from last year, so you are also in competition with some of the 2020 cohort.

Wait, so even if their will be exam for 2022 they won’t give out as much offer bcoz of the previous exam is cancelled is that what u r trying to say?
Wait, so even if their will be exam for 2022 they won’t give out as much offer bcoz of the previous exam is cancelled is that what u r trying to say?

The advice above applies to 2021 entry only. If you are applying for 2022 then neither schools, applicants nor unis know what will be happening regardings exams. Likely things will be practically back to normal.
The advice above applies to 2021 entry only. If you are applying for 2022 then neither schools, applicants nor unis know what will be happening regardings exams. Likely things will be practically back to normal.

Okok so theoretically speaking all things should go back to normal yh?
Okok so theoretically speaking all things should go back to normal yh?

With this government? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
With this government? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jesus I am hella scared right now I’ve worked so hard and I don’t want to be f*** bcoz of the government

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending