The Student Room Group

Can I get fined for ignoring track and trace calls?

Track and trace have been calling me about 5 times a day for the past week, I’ve been blocking and ignoring the calls. Can I get fined for ignoring the calls? I have tested positive for coronavirus and I am following the isolation rules. I just simply don’t feel like spending an hour on the phone with them trying to figure out where and who I met for the past 2 weeks bcos I genuinely can’t remember.
I don't think so.
Reply 2
Doubtful, but "If NHS Test and Trace contact tracers are unable to contact you for 24 hours, they may pass your case to your local authority to follow up by phone or in person."

Ignoring this means you are putting other people at risk and they could be spreading the virus after contact with you. Why is it so difficult to remember if you have been at home, studying or in work over the last couple of weeks?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
Doubtful, but "If NHS Test and Trace contact tracers are unable to contact you for 24 hours, they may pass your case to your local authority to follow up by phone or in person."

Ignoring this means you are putting other people at risk and they could be spreading the virus after contact with you. Why is it so difficult to remember if you have been at home, studying or in work over the last couple of weeks?

Because I’ve been all over the place. I’ve been at home, I’ve been into university, I’ve been to several different supermarkets & I can’t remember what day I did what. My mum spent over an hour with Track and trace trying to recall her steps because the caller on track and trace just wouldn’t let her hang up until he got every final detail. I’d rather ignore than have to lie to track and trace
what was the end result? did you not answer them and did they stop calling?
Original post by Anonymous
Track and trace have been calling me about 5 times a day for the past week, I’ve been blocking and ignoring the calls. Can I get fined for ignoring the calls? I have tested positive for coronavirus and I am following the isolation rules. I just simply don’t feel like spending an hour on the phone with them trying to figure out where and who I met for the past 2 weeks bcos I genuinely can’t remember.

I blocked their number and went about my life, they told me i came into contact with someone with COVID, i got COVID, tested positive and isolated. The day my isolation finished an hour later track and trace app says I’ve come into contact with someone with COVID and ‘must’ isolate. I have natural immunity (again) and I’m not isolating for 3 weeks, blocked all their numbers, deleted the app and ignored local COVID council, because **** that. this was 3 weeks ago and I’m not fined so

i remember hearing that if you get pinged you don't need to isolate however, if you're called you're legally obliged to but idk lmao
I blocked their number and went about my life, they told me i came into contact with someone with COVID, i got COVID, tested positive and isolated. The day my isolation finished an hour later track and trace app says I’ve come into contact with someone with COVID and ‘must’ isolate. I have natural immunity (again) and I’m not isolating for 3 weeks, blocked all their numbers, deleted the app and ignored local COVID counci, because **** that. this was 3 weeks ago and I’m not fined

Appreciate the reply so soon. I’m isolating until I have to then hopefully they can leave me alone. I know people who have answered and they won’t stop calling and they have you on the phone for an hour
Reply 8
Hi, just interested if they contacted or fined after ignoring calls?
Reply 9
Appreciate the reply so soon. I’m isolating until I have to then hopefully they can leave me alone. I know people who have answered and they won’t stop calling and they have you on the phone for an hour

Hi, just interested if they contacted or fined after ignoring calls?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending