The Student Room Group

A-Level chemistry

Which universities accept resits?

My GCSE's: 8:7,8,7,7,7,6,5,4,3 ( I initially got a 5 in GCSE maths but then did a resit and got an 8). Also at A-Level I got: A- Biology, A- English lit, B- chemsitry. I've decided to resit chemistry with the hope of acheiving an A* and an A in my EPQ.

I am hoping to apply for natural siences or a masters in chemsitry with a year in industry however due to my two resits i dont know whether some universities wont accept them.
Reply 1
I had to resit gcse maths and it didn’t impact any of my uni applications. If you’ve resit and you get the grade the uni requires for your degree then it should be fine. If you’re in doubt you could always ask the uni, but if you’ve got the grades they’re asking for I don’t see why they’d say no. However, I think looking at unis you want to apply for and seeing their policy on whether they accept resits, should help frame where you will apply.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by star225
I had to resit gcse maths and it didn’t impact any of my uni applications. If you’ve resit and you get the grade the uni requires for your degree then it should be fine. If you’re in doubt you could always ask the uni, but if you’ve got the grades they’re asking for I don’t see why they’d say no. However, I think looking at unis you want to apply for and seeing their policy on whether they accept resits, should help frame where you will apply.

Thank you, yeah that makes sense. I've emailed the unis i am hoping to apply to since i cant find any resits info on their website.
Reply 3
Original post by Themoonlight
Thank you, yeah that makes sense. I've emailed the unis i am hoping to apply to since i cant find any resits info on their website.

Np, I genuinely think most unis accept resits which may be why they don’t express it on their websites. But I could be completely wrong so it’s best you just find out. I do think it’s only medicine degrees which are more strict about resits. And that will depend on the uni honestly. I wouldn’t stress too much about it. I know people have resat a levels and have their uni place after improving their grades.
(edited 2 years ago)
Unless you are applying for something very compeitive like Medicine, the vast majority of Universities will accept resits.
If you cant find this info on the website and want to be certain, email the Uni and ask. Btw, this is the sort of question you can ask at a Uni Open Day - in-person or online - recomemnded.
Yeah, that’s a good point. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending