The Student Room Group

Plymouth Dentistry 2022 Entry

Welcome to the Plymouth Dentistry 2022 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2022 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2022 Applicants' Thread! - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi, what are everyones stats - who are thinking of applying here
Original post by mxrixm
hi, what are everyones stats - who are thinking of applying here

I might be, not sure tho. What about you?
Do you think the UCAT cutoff will increase greatly this year?
How much do you think the cutoff would increase by?
Original post by xcxvb1234
Do you think the UCAT cutoff will increase greatly this year?

It probably won’t be a greater UCAT cut off but that they take it more into account. They had to increase entry requirements for last year due to over-subscription as people were re-applying. I don’t have any insider knowledge or anything so this is an absolute guess.
Reply 6
I don’t meet the gcse requirements is it still worth applying?
Original post by Jake653
I don’t meet the gcse requirements is it still worth applying?

probs email admissions team of whichever unis you wanna apply to. for double checking! sometimes they do let you off the hook, as they might look at a levels or ucat etc.. pretty sure Plymouth was just based of A levels and UCAT? they don't even read personal statement... might be worth emailing about that as well. Good luck!!
Got an email last week from Plymouth University informing that they have received my application for dentistry and awaiting UCAT scores before offering in interviews to the applicants. They did state that interviews will be Online.

If I am selected for an interview, how is it best to prepare for an Online interview?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Unicorn111
Got an email last week from Plymouth University informing that they have received my application for dentistry and awaiting UCAT scores before offering in interviews to the applicants. They did state that interviews will be Online.

If I am selected for an interview, how is it best to prepare for an Online interview?

maybe read through last years thread and see any advice given + just practise answering questions with others and maybe occasionally practise with a camera - record yourself or facetime a friend so that you get used the interview format and know where to look - good luck !!!
thank you
Has anyone heard anything for interviews from Plymouth ? 💁💁
Original post by verrucosasnape
Has anyone heard anything for interviews from Plymouth ? 💁💁

No not yet! Last year they came out at the start of December, so hopefully not too long to wait!!
does anyone know when the interviews take place? or where the actual interviews in December??
Does Plymouth give out invites to interview near start or end of December?
Original post by mikewazoski
Does Plymouth give out invites to interview near start or end of December?

Last year it was near the start, so will hopefully be the same this year :smile:
o

Original post by Mia.Blake
Last year it was near the start, so will hopefully be the same this year :smile:

so your saying within the next week or 2😵
Reply 17
Anyone going to Plymouth Open Day this weekend?
Whats the minimum ucat score that would pretty much give u a high chance at an interview with Plymouth? my ucat is 2630 so not really sure what to expect
Original post by mikewazoski
Whats the minimum ucat score that would pretty much give u a high chance at an interview with Plymouth? my ucat is 2630 so not really sure what to expect

as long as you're above the ucat cutoff, and last year it was 2290 so i think you should be fine

Quick Reply

Latest