The Student Room Group

Adult nursing to Dental hygiene and therapy

I m currently starting the journey to become an adult nurse. I have been a dental nurse for the past 11 years, i have always wanted to progress as a hygienist, it has been impossible to apply for hygiene as i would have to relocate with a child or commute for at least 2 hours as my local uni does not run the programme and i had no support from my partner or family.
I wanted to stay in the health sector thats why i applied for adult nursing instead.
Now after a long conversation with my partner, he decider to support me and relocate with me in order for me to study hygiene.
My question is, i am struggling on what to write on my personal statement on the fact that i have applied for adult nursing and how to justify it? Will this make me a weak candidate as i haven’t applied for hygiene in the first place?

Im thinking to apply to Essex, Eastman and queens mary .

Please advice!
Thank you
Reply 1
No reply :’(
Original post by schakir
No reply :’(

You should focus on why dental hygiene - it probably won't be a massive surprise given your previous role. You can just add the nursing to the education section (assuming you started the course) and leave it at that, unless you get a reference
Reply 3
Should i not mention about me starting the adult nursing course already and on why i want to transfer into hygiene and therapy? Thanks for your reply
Original post by schakir
Should i not mention about me starting the adult nursing course already and on why i want to transfer into hygiene and therapy? Thanks for your reply

You don't need to mention it in your PS
Reply 5
Original post by Interrobang
You don't need to mention it in your PS

I see! I thought i had too! Thank you!
Also, i dont know how to justify to why i want to transfer from adult nursing to hygiene! If i am honest and explain that it was because of childcare i couldent relocate? Will this make me seem like a weak candidate and that im not too keen on the course? Thanks again
Original post by schakir
I see! I thought i had too! Thank you!
Also, i dont know how to justify to why i want to transfer from adult nursing to hygiene! If i am honest and explain that it was because of childcare i couldent relocate? Will this make me seem like a weak candidate and that im not too keen on the course? Thanks again

You would need to put it in your education section like my first post said. Focus on why hygiene, rather than why not adult nursing
Reply 7
Original post by Interrobang
You would need to put it in your education section like my first post said. Focus on why hygiene, rather than why not adult nursing

It makes sense! Thanks alot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending