The Student Room Group

Will universities still see a personal statement from a withdrawn application?

I applied to Oxford university just before the deadline shut, but realised later I had made a mistake. I got an email saying that my application had been sent, but I really don't want them to see my personal statement because it's shows bad qualities of myself and I really want to apply next year on a gap year. Would withdrawing or substituting my application remove the possibility of them seeing my personal statement next cycle?
Reply 1
Do you want to defer your entry? If so I think you should call UCAS and ask for them to update that preference in your application. At the same time however, because the Oxford deadline has passed I’m not sure if it would be too late, but still definitely try!
Original post by Jackreah219
Would withdrawing or substituting my application remove the possibility of them seeing my personal statement next cycle?

Not necessarily. The statement is usually downloaded to the local admissions system. So if you withdraw then it will prevent them from sending a decision on your app, but it won’t delete it.

If you apply again next year it’s very unlikely that they’ll be bothered enough to compare the two.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending