The Student Room Group

How long for UCAS to check my PS for plagarism?

How long does UCAS take to check and confirm that my personal statement was not plagiarized?

Scroll to see replies

I think it’s usually automatic and they send your statement back if it is
Reply 2
If you don't plagiarise, I guess the amount of time UCAS takes to check won't matter :smile:
Original post by .N.A.
If you don't plagiarise, I guess the amount of time UCAS takes to check won't matter :smile:

oooooooo GOOD COMMENT 😝😝😝
Not sure about the timings, but they notify your uni choices who then decide what action to take.
I was thinking the same thing. I applied last year and underneath ‘Similarity Report’ it said “no similarities detected”. I applied again this year and there are no words underneath the report. I know for certain that my statement is all my own work, I’m just concerned as to why it doesn’t say no similarities detected.
Original post by .N.A.

Well, it does because it's possible to get a hit for plagiarising when you haven't intentionally done it. Also, some people might just be anxious and want to know a cutoff time to be able to tell themselves it's safe!
Reply 7
Original post by Year12Studentt
I was thinking the same thing. I applied last year and underneath ‘Similarity Report’ it said “no similarities detected”. I applied again this year and there are no words underneath the report. I know for certain that my statement is all my own work, I’m just concerned as to why it doesn’t say no similarities detected.

Yeah same for me
Original post by whufc_32
Yeah same for me

Where are you able to check this?
Reply 9
Original post by For3igner
Where are you able to check this?

Go onto UCAS student hub and scroll down to you personal statement.
I submitted my application two days ago.
When I go to the section of Personal Statement, it's BLANK and does not state "NO PLAGIARISM WAS FOUND".
OMG does it mean I am doomed???

Applying from Canada, really wanna go to the UK.
Original post by sgrwgfsdgtr
I submitted my application two days ago.
When I go to the section of Personal Statement, it's BLANK and does not state "NO PLAGIARISM WAS FOUND".
OMG does it mean I am doomed???

Applying from Canada, really wanna go to the UK.

i mean... if you didn't plagarise then you probably have nothing to worry about
The checking by the software is pretty much instant but UCAS don’t flag it as plagiarism until a person has checked the report. That human check can take anything from a couple of days to weeks depending on the backlog.
Original post by flaurie
i mean... if you didn't plagarise then you probably have nothing to worry about

I did read some personal statements but did not copy/paraphrase any of them.
I was a bit afraid of accidental/unintentional plagiarism.
Anyway, it finally said "No similarities were detected in your personal statement".
I did read some personal statements but did not copy/paraphrase any of them.
I was a bit afraid of accidental/unintentional plagiarism.
Anyway, it finally said "No similarities were detected in your personal statement".

Does it say that now? Can you send a screenshot?
Does it say that now? Can you send a screenshot?

Mine is a bit wired...
There are two systems: UCAS Track, and the UCAS centre where I submitted my application.
I did not see "NO SIMILARITIES WERE DETECTED IN YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT" in UCAS centre but saw this line in UCAS Track.

I am not sure if I am clear. LMK if you are confused.
Mine is a bit wired...
There are two systems: UCAS Track, and the UCAS centre where I submitted my application.
I did not see "NO SIMILARITIES WERE DETECTED IN YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT" in UCAS centre but saw this line in UCAS Track.

Thank you so much. I just checked Track and mine says the same.
Mine is a bit wired...

Thank you so much. I just checked Track and mine says the same.

If you guys don't mind me asking how long did it take for this to become updated? Mine was sent off a week ago but under 'Similarity Report' on track, it is just an empty white box.
Original post by ShadowHokage
If you guys don't mind me asking how long did it take for this to become updated? Mine was sent off a week ago but under 'Similarity Report' on track, it is just an empty white box.

Try and log on with your details on this website: https://track.ucas.com/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2fHome
Once in go to "my application" at the top, then scroll down to personal statement. It'll say similarity report and should say none detected.
Try and log on with your details on this website: https://track.ucas.com/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2fHome
Once in go to "my application" at the top, then scroll down to personal statement. It'll say similarity report and should say none detected.

Did your similarity report load straight away after you submitted? I submitted a few hours ago and can see 'Similarity Report' but it doesn't say anything underneath..?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending