The Student Room Group

Imposter syndrome with geography

I'm mainly writing this just to vent. I do A-level geography and I want to continue it at degree level because I really do love the subject. I'm doing well (predicted an A and I got mostly low As and Bs on the last set of tests I did) but I feel like I'm not doing as well as I should be. I feel like if I love the subject then I should really excel in it. If I'm not getting 19/20 or 8/9 on every question I'm not really passionate about the subject.

Any advice on how to alleviate my worrying would be much appreciated.
breathe
Reply 2
I kinda get it, cus I'm doing A-level geography and planning on doing it at uni (+predicted high grades) so I feel a lot of pressure to be good but I don't do well all the time and you probably don't need to either. As long as you keep going, I'm sure you'll be fine. Sometimes I feel super dumb in geography class even though I love the subject but that's just how learning works.
Reply 3
Original post by fluous
I kinda get it, cus I'm doing A-level geography and planning on doing it at uni (+predicted high grades) so I feel a lot of pressure to be good but I don't do well all the time and you probably don't need to either. As long as you keep going, I'm sure you'll be fine. Sometimes I feel super dumb in geography class even though I love the subject but that's just how learning works.

Good to know I'm not the only person who feels like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending