The Student Room Group

Important!!! pls someone reply I'm losing it

My group and I have recently been given an assignment brief which was to create an advert. We were put in groups of 4 and we decided to split all of the pre-production documents amongst each other which we all thought was an amazing idea. Skip forward a few weeks on the last day of production 2 group members didn't show up meaning I had to accept the 2 team members' roles (I was initially in charge of lighting but had to be the director and camera operator). This really sucked because I was also injured back then. Anyways skip forward a few more days after editing the director (which was no longer me I was the director only because those dummies didn't show up during production) had to share a team folder and then ask everyone to share the work they have done in the group but individually if that makes sense. 2 Team members didn't submit their work because they decided not to show up. I am literally crying right now because I want to get graded individually. I put so much work into this "Pass or Fail" assignment. Can someone tell me what to do? What will happen? How do I appeal this if things go wrong? I will mention that I emailed my other teacher as I am closer to him than the teacher that set this assignment that certain people were careless about this project and didn't submit their work. Pls, someone give me some advice and I'm sorry for this long ass essay I wrote on here I'm just really upset right now because I didn't do so well back in high school due to some mental health problems. I just really wanna succeed in college and in the overall future. Thanks
Reply 1
Best I can think of is talk to your teacher
Reply 2
Original post by Jcrij
Best I can think of is talk to your teacher

I'll definitely do that. Have you ever experienced something like that?
Reply 3
Original post by Daniel17s
I'll definitely do that. Have you ever experienced something like that?

Luckily not, but if you explain your situation ahead of time, they might be able to do something as long as it's not over the deadline.
Reply 4
Original post by Jcrij
Luckily not, but if you explain your situation ahead of time, they might be able to do something as long as it's not over the deadline.

Hey, it wasn't easy but I managed to sort it out. I had to literally talk to the teacher that assigned the assignment, to a different one, and to the head of media (I'm a creative media student so yeah). It was so long and stressful but I sorted everything out. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it :smile:
Original post by Daniel17s
My group and I have recently been given an assignment brief which was to create an advert. We were put in groups of 4 and we decided to split all of the pre-production documents amongst each other which we all thought was an amazing idea. Skip forward a few weeks on the last day of production 2 group members didn't show up meaning I had to accept the 2 team members' roles (I was initially in charge of lighting but had to be the director and camera operator). This really sucked because I was also injured back then. Anyways skip forward a few more days after editing the director (which was no longer me I was the director only because those dummies didn't show up during production) had to share a team folder and then ask everyone to share the work they have done in the group but individually if that makes sense. 2 Team members didn't submit their work because they decided not to show up. I am literally crying right now because I want to get graded individually. I put so much work into this "Pass or Fail" assignment. Can someone tell me what to do? What will happen? How do I appeal this if things go wrong? I will mention that I emailed my other teacher as I am closer to him than the teacher that set this assignment that certain people were careless about this project and didn't submit their work. Pls, someone give me some advice and I'm sorry for this long ass essay I wrote on here I'm just really upset right now because I didn't do so well back in high school due to some mental health problems. I just really wanna succeed in college and in the overall future. Thanks

sorry but idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending