The Student Room Group

Got rejected and blocked by another girl today. Am I really that bad?

I have posted here before that I am a 22 year old guy who never had a girlfriend before. I also asked out my childhood friend(let's call her A) who is 21 now turning 22 soon and also started liking another girl(let's call her B) who is 19 now and we had been chatting on Instagram since 28th May 2023 but A isn't that active on Instagram so no reply about when we can meet and B isn't flirty with me yet so I wanted to keep more options. I also had been chatting with another girl (lets call her T) on Instagram for the past 5-6 days. She is 21 now and just like the girls A and B, T also used to be in the same school as me but we aren't in the same college now. Today suddenly I sent T a virtual hug and she even replied Aww that's so cute. But after I asked her to hug me back, she was hesitant and asked me why do I want a hug so I told her that she is really pretty so a hug would be nice. She replied that she doesn't wanna hug me. Then I confessed to her that I was planning to ask her out for a coffee one day but I am gonna wait several weeks as we just started chatting and said that I started getting crush on her just by seeing her pics and we will just hangout normal as friends first and get to know each other. But she replied that she is a medical college student now about to enter her last year so she isn't looking to date at all so she told me not to keep any expectations. Then I replied that we will just hangout as friends and then she blocked me. This was my 4th rejection so far. I was rejected by 3 girls before this recently.
Original post by Anonymous
I have posted here before that I am a 22 year old guy who never had a girlfriend before. I also asked out my childhood friend(let's call her A) who is 21 now turning 22 soon and also started liking another girl(let's call her B) who is 19 now and we had been chatting on Instagram since 28th May 2023 but A isn't that active on Instagram so no reply about when we can meet and B isn't flirty with me yet so I wanted to keep more options. I also had been chatting with another girl (lets call her T) on Instagram for the past 5-6 days. She is 21 now and just like the girls A and B, T also used to be in the same school as me but we aren't in the same college now. Today suddenly I sent T a virtual hug and she even replied Aww that's so cute. But after I asked her to hug me back, she was hesitant and asked me why do I want a hug so I told her that she is really pretty so a hug would be nice. She replied that she doesn't wanna hug me. Then I confessed to her that I was planning to ask her out for a coffee one day but I am gonna wait several weeks as we just started chatting and said that I started getting crush on her just by seeing her pics and we will just hangout normal as friends first and get to know each other. But she replied that she is a medical college student now about to enter her last year so she isn't looking to date at all so she told me not to keep any expectations. Then I replied that we will just hangout as friends and then she blocked me. This was my 4th rejection so far. I was rejected by 3 girls before this recently.

She told you she didn't have time to date or hang out as friends as she is in the last year of Med school. You didn't get it that she just doesn't have social time while she is in her most important year of a degree that is very demanding, so demanding that there is usually no real social time. If a girl sees that you are not picking up on verbal cues on what she is telling you that will make her think you with it up top and she won't regard you well for that.

For a girl to date you she needs to regard you well. You also kept telling her that you will meet up with her for coffee as if she had no say in the matter, that can also lose you points with a girl. That she didn't want to give you a 'virtual' hug emoji or whatever back was the first sign that she wasn't that open to you from the get go.

I personally wouldn't tell her what you were planning to do going forward (asking her out for coffee) or what's going on in your mind like that as it may come across as a bit premeditated and creepy. Better to keep it slow and steady to chatting online for a while and take note of any cues a girl drops in messaging I would then ask out if you think she is feeling familiar and has warmed to you I would, no guarantees though.

She's not interested and I'd also reject you if you send a message asking for a hug, it is cringey as hell

:no::nooo::facepalm:

Mate mate mate...

Reading your post is like watching a car-crash in slow motion. I'm sorry to say, but I agree with A Jaded Girl that's possibly one of the most cringeworthy efforts I've ever read on here. If there was an Olympic sport on "What NOT to do to attract girls" this would surely be a Gold Medal contender. I did give you some pointers in the other post, but I can see you really need some taking in hand.

Just because you were at school / college with someone, it doesn't mean they owe you anything; whether that's a date, a virtual hug or whatever. If a girl isn't interested or declines your advances, just accept their decision and move on. It really is better for everyone (especially you) if you pick up on the early signs they're not interested, rather than waiting for brutal and humiliating rejections. As Anon2 said, if someone has (or claims to have) important commitments, the last thing they'll want to do is hang out with a random Instagram follower. On the other hand, if someone does seem interested, don't hang about... suggest meeting for a coffee etc. quite early on. After all, it's only one simple date, not a wedding ceremony; moreover, there are almost certainly other guys who've clocked her as well, and one of them may get in there while you're planning to wait weeks or months before "popping the question".

Yes, it is that brutal; you snooze, you loose.

Also, if you get a date (or even when chatting), just play it by ear and don't plan out every little detail (doesn't she get a say in any of this lol). I gave you some advice in your other post; for your own sake, I suggest you read it.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7371398
(edited 9 months ago)
She told you she didn't have time to date or hang out as friends as she is in the last year of Med school. You didn't get it that she just doesn't have social time while she is in her most important year of a degree that is very demanding, so demanding that there is usually no real social time. If a girl sees that you are not picking up on verbal cues on what she is telling you that will make her think you with it up top and she won't regard you well for that.

For a girl to date you she needs to regard you well. You also kept telling her that you will meet up with her for coffee as if she had no say in the matter, that can also lose you points with a girl. That she didn't want to give you a 'virtual' hug emoji or whatever back was the first sign that she wasn't that open to you from the get go.

I personally wouldn't tell her what you were planning to do going forward (asking her out for coffee) or what's going on in your mind like that as it may come across as a bit premeditated and creepy. Better to keep it slow and steady to chatting online for a while and take note of any cues a girl drops in messaging I would then ask out if you think she is feeling familiar and has warmed to you I would, no guarantees though.

Dont overthink - move on- life isnt just about girls - i know its easier said then done

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending