The Student Room Group

FTI Consulting 2022 Grad Schemes

Hi, has anyone here applied for any of the FTI consulting grad schemes? I thought I would make one as I couldn't find any other thread for this intake.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes have you heard?
Reply 2
I applied and did my online assessments around a month ago, but have not heard back!
Original post by 2706user
I applied and did my online assessments around a month ago, but have not heard back!

How were the online assessments? Were they similar to other consulting firms or harder? Are there any worthwhile practice materials for FTI's tests?
Reply 4
Original post by JohnSmitha
How were the online assessments? Were they similar to other consulting firms or harder? Are there any worthwhile practice materials for FTI's tests?

I think its with eSkill. Never done those type of tests before. Would love to know what they're like! quantitative? qualitative?

Have people generally found them easier/harder than Big-4?
Original post by Tkzr22
I think its with eSkill. Never done those type of tests before. Would love to know what they're like! quantitative? qualitative?

Have people generally found them easier/harder than Big-4?

I did mine the other day. I think the difficulty of testing is dependent on what division you applied for but I honestly found mine really hard.. harder than big 4. It was a verbal reasoning test only gives you 26mins with 26 questions and then numerical was 30 mins with 25 questions (don't quote me on exact number roughly that) but I definitely remembering thinking that each question needed around 1 minute to complete. So good luck if you've got them coming up!
Reply 6
Original post by skittles890
I did mine the other day. I think the difficulty of testing is dependent on what division you applied for but I honestly found mine really hard.. harder than big 4. It was a verbal reasoning test only gives you 26mins with 26 questions and then numerical was 30 mins with 25 questions (don't quote me on exact number roughly that) but I definitely remembering thinking that each question needed around 1 minute to complete. So good luck if you've got them coming up!

Oh nice. Good luck, I hope it went well. I have until Tuesday to complete mine and as you said, it is ~ 50 total questions in ~ 60 minutes. I had no idea there was a quantitative/qualitative split, so thanks for the insight!

Regarding the qualitative section, did you find it comprehension-heavy?

I better go practice.
Has anyone heard from clean energy grad scheme?
Reply 8
I haven't received any online tests and I applied on the 31st
Anyone heard after the initial eskills maths and English tests? I just got the email to the next stage today
Reply 10
Hi,

Has anyone done the case study task or written test? I have both this week but not sure what to expect. Nervous for the case study task as I don't have a business/consulting background.
Original post by Sads99
Hi,

Has anyone done the case study task or written test? I have both this week but not sure what to expect. Nervous for the case study task as I don't have a business/consulting background.

Hi,

I would suggest to go over some case interview frameworks. You can find them online or do the free craftingcases course. Once you have a few basic frameworks down, should be fine
Hi! Does anyone have an assessment centre on December 14th for Corporate Finance Restructuring?
Reply 13
Original post by Lgrad5678
Hi,

I would suggest to go over some case interview frameworks. You can find them online or do the free craftingcases course. Once you have a few basic frameworks down, should be fine

Thanks so much for your recommendations! I'll have a look into the course and brush up on some frameworks
Hi! Does anyone have an assessment centre on December 14th for Corporate Finance Restructuring?

Hello, I have the AC but they have changed it to virtual AC and I have not received any details yet.
Do you know what type of questions may be asked, how technical would it be?
PM me and we can discuss if you want.
Thanks!
Hello All,
I have spoken to a person who has had an AC for a consulting role recently and they mentioned that the AC was for the whole day, involved a group exercise (case), a case study (brain teaser type) and more financial exercise followed by an interview on it.
Hope this helps!

PM functionality does not seem to work for me (I can't reply), so if interested you can send me another way to contact you (e.g. LinkedIn/WhatsApp).
Original post by LondonHardo
PM functionality does not seem to work for me (I can't reply), so if interested you can send me another way to contact you (e.g. LinkedIn/WhatsApp).

Shared my LinkedIn with you!
Reply 18
Hi has anyone applied to the tax advisory grad role. I had my first stage interview early last week. Was wondering how long it typically took for them to email you the outcome on whether or not you would be going into the final stage
Original post by eahma12
Hi has anyone applied to the tax advisory grad role. I had my first stage interview early last week. Was wondering how long it typically took for them to email you the outcome on whether or not you would be going into the final stage

Hey! What was the interview like? I have a first stage interview coming up for a similar grad role.

Quick Reply

Latest