The Student Room Group

How to stay organised as an A-level student?

I'm currently in yr 12 and am doing maths, bio, chem for my subjects. But I feel like I'm really bad at keeping myself organised and staying on top of work. I've already begun to fall behind on some subjects and now it's just starting to pile up and I know if I dont catch up soon it'll get too overwhelming for me and I'll end up giving up on even trying to catch up.

It's probably highly unlikely for me to completely get rid of my habit of procrastinating but I would like to somehow reduce it atleast so I dont flop my a-levels. So please drop some advice on how you organise yourselves with your subjects and any tips would be appreciated. Thanks :>
Visualise yourself working in a dead-end job for life! :biggrin: lol That should motivate you to get A-Levels, degree, masters and a graduate job that pays much more than you could imagine!!! :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by thegeek888
Visualise yourself working in a dead-end job for life! :biggrin: lol That should motivate you to get A-Levels, degree, masters and a graduate job that pays much more than you could imagine!!! :wink:

Lolll yes I have tried that too, but the problem is that it would motivate me for like 2 days max before I end up going back to being lazy😭
Original post by F.A.
I'm currently in yr 12 and am doing maths, bio, chem for my subjects. But I feel like I'm really bad at keeping myself organised and staying on top of work. I've already begun to fall behind on some subjects and now it's just starting to pile up and I know if I dont catch up soon it'll get too overwhelming for me and I'll end up giving up on even trying to catch up.

It's probably highly unlikely for me to completely get rid of my habit of procrastinating but I would like to somehow reduce it atleast so I dont flop my a-levels. So please drop some advice on how you organise yourselves with your subjects and any tips would be appreciated. Thanks :>

Stop with the grey environment.
Study in a place where you are able to concentrate. Take a proper break in a different place with a different atmosphere. Don't eliminate breaks from your study period.
Study with friends.
Get teachers to do afternoon or after-school sessions.
Use you exam board spec to guide you. It's literally so useful. Annotate it and highlight it. Use that as your base.
Do lots of questions.
Jot down similar questions that keep on appearing and the main marking points. Do the same for questions that you keep on getting wrong/ not full marks on.
Use ACTIVE RECALL, it saves a lot of time rereading etc.
Watch yt vids to revise or go over a topic etc.
That's all I have for the moment.
Reply 4
Original post by KA_P
Stop with the grey environment.
Study in a place where you are able to concentrate. Take a proper break in a different place with a different atmosphere. Don't eliminate breaks from your study period.
Study with friends.
Get teachers to do afternoon or after-school sessions.
Use you exam board spec to guide you. It's literally so useful. Annotate it and highlight it. Use that as your base.
Do lots of questions.
Jot down similar questions that keep on appearing and the main marking points. Do the same for questions that you keep on getting wrong/ not full marks on.
Use ACTIVE RECALL, it saves a lot of time rereading etc.
Watch yt vids to revise or go over a topic etc.
That's all I have for the moment.

Thank you so much for the tips!!! they're really helpful
Reply 5
Glad to know i'm not the only one and thank youuuu i'd love to join yours it'll defo help motivate me
Original post by F.A.
Thank you so much for the tips!!! they're really helpful

:smile: Happy to help
Original post by F.A.

ok the reason why u procrastinate and arent organised is coz of one reason .... u dont have a good enough convincing reason to give a **** abt studying ur subjects... i legit was in the same position a week ago, but gave myself a new motivation to do the work... it is tough and i know .. but will power is key

i had the same problem when doing further maths ... i was not getting it (was achieving D's and E's) and with that was completing unorganised but my willpower enabled me to achieve a B

as long as there is a reason in what u do, everything will fall into place! best of luck with ur studies!

Latest