The Student Room Group

Government announces that LFTs are no longer necessary for poor people. *FAKE NEWS*

A government spokesman has revealed that after a comprehensive review of the evidence, including social media usage data, the conclusion that ‘COVID is a disease which is exclusive to the middle class’ has been drawn. This is ‘good news [for the tax payer] as free lateral flow tests are no longer justifiable. If you can afford to buy a coffee on the way to work, you need to test’.

This is currently, at this point in time *FAKE NEWS*.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Almost, unfortunately.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-michael-gove-refuses-to-deny-free-lateral-flow-tests-will-be-phased-out-in-the-coming-weeks-12512861
‘Michael Gove refuses to deny free lateral flow tests will be phased out in the coming weeks’
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Cancelled Alice
Did you really just believe me?

Yes, yes I did. I don’t watch the news. :redface:
Original post by 0ptics
Yes, yes I did. I don’t watch the news. :redface:

It’s terrible that the above title is believable. I believe we may have been infiltrated by those damn Americans.
Outrageous, we need 25 hour school days to repair the damages of COVID to education!
It’s terrible that the above title is believable. I believe we may have been infiltrated by those damn Americans.

Being around americans for too long makes you lose brain cells, confirmed. Incidentally, being anon for too long also makes you lose brain cells. Want to confirm on the latter statement, @sal? :colone:
Original post by 0ptics
Being around americans for too long makes you lose brain cells, confirmed. Incidentally, being anon for too long also makes you lose brain cells. Want to confirm on the latter statement, @sal? :colone:

I can confirm both statements tbh.
Original post by hungrysalamander
I can confirm both statements tbh.

So basically you’ve given yourself a hangover. Please don’t spend too much time in anon, we’d miss you
So basically you’ve given yourself a hangover. Please don’t spend too much time in anon, we’d miss you

Unlikely given how I don't drink. I only use anon in this thread and it was @0ptics' idea.
Unlikely given how I don't drink. I only use anon in this thread and it was @0ptics' idea.

Yep. BTW, @alice, the cool anons are there, just saying. Also, this idea further stemmed into another thread called anon world. Yeah, it’s a weird anon binge.
Original post by 0ptics
Yep. BTW, @alice, the cool anons are there, just saying. Also, this idea further stemmed into another thread called anon world. Yeah, it’s a weird anon binge.

She can be anon 22
She can be anon 22

A nice even number. It’s also divisible by 11. I think this would be a good outcome after all.

Yeah I meant in the sense that Americans leave you with a sore head and bad ears.
Yeah I meant in the sense that Americans leave you with a sore head and bad ears.

You don't want to hear about the American who attempted to slide into my PM's.
(edited 2 years ago)
She can be anon 22

Oooh I’ll go and bagsy my spot. Thanks for the invite
You don't want to hear about the American who attempted to slide into my PM's.

Maybe I do….. :redface:
that does sound scary though
(edited 2 years ago)
11 hours school days will beat those intense Asian schools with evening classes.
Reply 18
…. In an effort to repair the damage that COVID has inflicted on children’s education. Teachers unions to fight back.

Is this start from September or like Easter?
Original post by Quady
Is this start from September or like Easter?

Starts at Easter, runs through till September without a break. By Mrs Patels standards, taking the summer holidays in to account, teachers are basically working part time hours for full time pay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending