The Student Room Group

Cardiff University A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by watermellone
right now I’m making a list of all the generic questions, and then coming up with a brief answer (not really trying to memorise them) e.g. medical school specific questions and why do you want to be a doctor?
and then I’m making a list of all the rules which I can apply to answer the more complex questions and am trying to form “structure” which I can use to answer
i guess just have an idea of the structure of the answer which u can follow as it won’t seem rehearsed, also know what to prioritise in a situation. Try and get people to ask your questions so you can practice as well
also learn the pillars of ethics and yeah maybe there’s more things

okay tysm goodluck for yours!
Original post by midnightskies0
I 100% agree. As a Welsh student, I had been told when applying by my school and people on here that Cardiff like Welsh students but I could never find anything on their website which confirms this or says to what extent it would help. I also know a lot of other Welsh students who have not heard anything yet so not a clue what is going on!

I’m all for extra consideration it makes sense and actually given that so many others including welsh students have been kept waiting it really comes down to a criticism of the admissions faculty. I know that my daughter will not be applying again.
I’ve had one other interview and still waiting on my other choices :smile:
Original post by kattttttie
I’ve had one other interview and still waiting on my other choices :smile:

That is good that you have had an interview ‘well done’ and you have yet to hear back from others. Try not to let it get to you (I know it’s hard).
does anyone know how people who say "...favour welsh applicants" know this? This was said to be my former head of year, a SEREN ambassador and a Dr... how do they even know this if, like many have said, Cardiff don't explicitly state it?
Original post by AW_12
does anyone know how people who say "...favour welsh applicants" know this? This was said to be my former head of year, a SEREN ambassador and a Dr... how do they even know this if, like many have said, Cardiff don't explicitly state it?

They do state it, it is in their Admissions Policy (see 2. here)
https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/2548861/MEDIC-School-level-Admissions-Policy-2022.pdf

Welsh state schools are considered contextual for most med schools, so all applicants from these would get extra consideration. The issue is, they do not say how much, and more to the point, will not be up front about the past academic scores, UCAT and PS needed for an interview, to let people make informed decisions about their choices
Original post by GANFYD
They do state it, it is in their Admissions Policy (see 2. here)
https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/2548861/MEDIC-School-level-Admissions-Policy-2022.pdf

Welsh state schools are considered contextual for most med schools, so all applicants from these would get extra consideration. The issue is, they do not say how much, and more to the point, will not be up front about the past academic scores, UCAT and PS needed for an interview, to let people make informed decisions about their choices

Ah, I see. Thank you!
just been sent a rejection email from cardiff 😭 tbh idk if im sad or not bc of how unorganized and unfair the process seems, i dont think ill be applying again next year.
I'm looking at Cardiff's Admissions booklet and it says that in the MMI they'll be asking about the qualities of a good doctor. Are there gonna be other topics just because that seems quite specific. I'm looking at other unis and they have much more detailed and long lists so is Cardiff just being purposefully vague or should I take it at face value?
Original post by phanarintr
just been sent a rejection email from cardiff 😭 tbh idk if im sad or not bc of how unorganized and unfair the process seems, i dont think ill be applying again next year.

So sorry to hear this. You are not alone. Try not to dwell on the experience and follow the fab advice given on here to apply to your strengths and to admissions criteria that is generally clear and helps you make the best decisions to hopefully being successful.
Original post by phanarintr

I'm so sorry, it might be worth calling admissions to inquire about feedback, which not only could be helpful if you plan to reapply but also could bring you closure, especially seeing as Cardiff is such a holistic application. Calling to inquire about Exeter really helped me have closure and move on from my rejection.
Hello! Has anyone received an invitation for entry 2022 to medicine interview from Cardiff University, yet?
i'm an international applicant & i've just been given an alternative offer of optometry (aka rejected) ;-;
i didn't even get an invite to do the test although my A level grades & UCAT score were good,, i really don't know why.
hey besties! can someone take one for the team and call up admissions to find out if there are more interviews to come or not, I would do it but don't have the emotional strength to do so lmaoooo. I'll <3 u forever
Original post by shinyoyster
hey besties! can someone take one for the team and call up admissions to find out if there are more interviews to come or not, I would do it but don't have the emotional strength to do so lmaoooo. I'll <3 u forever

there are no more interviews invites i think everyone else has been rejected including me
Original post by Babyabz1
there are no more interviews invites i think everyone else has been rejected including me

I havent had a rejection yet
Original post by Babyabz1

I get u tho, i just wanna hear it from them explicitly u know
Definitely think I’ve been rejected, no confirmation yet. I don’t know why they just wouldn’t send the rejections when they sent the interviews, gave a false sense of hope.
Nvm just got rejected 😻😻😻
Original post by shinyoyster
Nvm just got rejected 😻😻😻

Oh no :frown: I’m so sorry. I haven’t heard anything yet, I’m assuming I’ve been rejected tho 🥲

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending