The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level History Paper 2: Depth Study 9HI0 2A-2H - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did this exam go for you?

Edexcel A Level History Paper 2: Depth Study 9HI0 2A-2H - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 10th June AM
Length: 1h30

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

Anyone doing china? Predictions for questions?
Surely social policy has to be one of the section B questions?
Anyone sitting Italy paper? I think rise of mussolini is probably gonna come up for section A. I don’t know about section B tho
Original post by CuriousO
Anyone doing china? Predictions for questions?
Surely social policy has to be one of the section B questions?

Meeeeee!!! Really? Because it hasn’t been last year?
Original post by marghe.sacchi14
Meeeeee!!! Really? Because it hasn’t been last year?

Sorry, what I meant was rather that there is surely going to be a question on social policy in the paper, because they kept 2 sections of it in the AI and it hasn't been asked for a few years. The part about it being in Section B was an assumption, although I guess they could ask a source on it, I just think it seems unlikely - also considering the other sections are the kind that sources are often focused on (CR, economic policy)
(edited 1 year ago)
Anyone doing Henry II and the Angevin Empire?
Original post by CuriousO
Sorry, what I meant was rather that there is surely going to be a question on social policy in the paper, because they kept 2 sections of it in the AI and it hasn't been asked for a few years. The part about it being in Section B was an assumption, although I guess they could ask a source on it, I just think it seems unlikely - also considering the other sections are the kind that sources are often focused on (CR, economic policy)

Omg very well noticed. I feel like there won’t be a question of the economy then, because they kept all of it from the spec
Omg very well noticed. I feel like there won’t be a question of the economy then, because they kept all of it from the spec

Do you have any guesses for why they kept 2 social policy bullet points? Do you think there will be a combined question (how far did social policy transform the lives...) or do you think it was to just make it so that there was more content to study?
(edited 1 year ago)
Anyone doing South Africa, any predictions for the Source question ?
anyone doing india
How did you find the exam?
Original post by Mythical Pingu

Absolutely stunning !
Absolutely stunning !

Congratulations!
Very generous questions, same for my other subjects. Grade boundaries could be concerning this year, although I can't imagine they will make them higher than 2019
Did anyone do USA boom and bust?? Anyone else agree that it was a good paper :smile:
Original post by Mythical Pingu

Not too bad. Russia questions were quite generous. Source question was on the impact of war communism in the countryside and for Q2 I did the question on how Tsarist autocratic rule changed in Russia from 1894-1914. Edexcel have been quite nice.
Original post by alevelstuden1
anyone doing india

yep, how did you find it?
Did anyone do USA Conformity and Challenge, the source just on Kennedy’s Space Programme was really weird and niche to me but section b was fine.
Original post by student3636
Did anyone do USA boom and bust?? Anyone else agree that it was a good paper :smile:

Could’ve been better. Not much to say on Levitt houses
agreed, what points did you make

Original post by aaanonymousss
Could’ve been better. Not much to say on Levitt houses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending