The Student Room Group

cheated on gcse -> disqualified from all gcses, is sixthform a possibility?

- cheated on my gcse exams
- used a mobile phone = high chance of all gcses getting disqualified
- was going to go sixth form to do bio, chem, math
- would it still be possible for me to attend sixth form with no gcses?
- would i have to resit bio chem to meet entry requirement? - ofc ill resit maths and lang

to summarise, will i be able to go to a sixth form that has accepted me, but without any gcses. conditional offer was given. pls assume i have been disqualified from all gcses - w.c scenario.

no point replying with anything that doesnt answer a question. thanks.

Scroll to see replies

a conditional offer is if you meet the required grades, if you don't have the gcses (therefore the grades required), your offer is invalid
sorry to say but if you're going to be disqualified from all gcses then you have no chance of getting in to any 6th form/college
No point trying to go into sixth form if you’re having to result in cheating on your exams.
Original post by jastyan
- would i have to resit bio chem to meet entry requirement? - ofc ill resit maths and lang

to summarise, will i be able to go to a sixth form that has accepted me, but without any gcses. conditional offer was given. pls assume i have been disqualified from all gcses - w.c scenario.

You will have to wait to see what the punishment is - you can't start A levels without GCSEs.
Reply 5
Original post by randompanda_
a conditional offer is if you meet the required grades, if you don't have the gcses (therefore the grades required), your offer is invalid

is it wise for me to resit triple sci, math, 2eng, re, business as gcses privately, and study as level privately, then using my gcse grades / as grades apply to sixth form as a 2nd year alevel student?
If you were doing an AQA exam and got caught then, and face disqualification, which is highly likely, you’ll get disqualified for all exams under AQA. Same goes for the other exam boards
But you’ll still be able to do the exams of your other exam board. (Eg, if you do English Language Edexcel, you’ll probably still be able to do that paper despite being disqualified from AQA). But don’t quote me on that entirely
Without these exams, you won’t be able to get into sixth form/college. And if you face disqualification, you can’t resit.
It’s a serious breach of the rules and has serious consequences which you should have been considered prior to bringing a phone in :/
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Original post by jastyan
is it wise for me to resit triple sci, math, 2eng, re, business as gcses privately, and study as level privately, then using my gcse grades / as grades apply to sixth form as a 2nd year alevel student?

are you sure i cant resit any gcses, any additional material i can read? thanks
Original post by jastyan

Were you caught using your phone? You can get banned from future exams too for a period of time.

Then you'll just have to wait to resit.
Original post by jastyan
are you sure i cant resit any gcses, any additional material i can read? thanks

As far as I’m aware. From the exam board, no. So if you get disqualified from AQA. You won’t be able to resit with an AQA exam. Which poses some difficulty as you’ll have to relearn and adapt to an entirely new spec, and even the possibility of other exam boards allowing you is not guaranteed
Original post by jastyan

this was so stupid to do in the first place :confused:
Original post by aliaa03
this was so stupid to do in the first place :confused:

Agreed 😬
Reply 12
other opinions?
Original post by jastyan
other opinions?

Did you get disqualified for brining your phone into a exam ? Yes or no ? If you are just asking a hypothetical question or scenario you won’t need to worry as long as you don’t cheat in any of your examination you should be fine . But if you did cheat in any of your exams then I suggest you ask your exam officer or school how long you have been disqualified for? Because depending on the severity of the offense you could be disqualified for years from the exam board. Also I don’t think you got disqualified from the exam board I think your just asking a hypothetical question or scenario because you are generally curious about the procedures/actions that happen when you get disqualified. But just to check have you been disqualified or not ?
Original post by jastyan
other opinions?

Wait for the outcomes of any investigation. Pointless giving suggestions as to what you should do until the full facts are laid before you.

You don't seem very contrite about the whole situation either. Not a good attitude to carry into any potential meeting...
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by jastyan
other opinions?

Malpractice guide here
https://www.jcq.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Malpractice_21-22_FINAL.pdf

As others have said, you need to wait for the outcome of the investigation to know for sure what the sanctions will be. It's impossible to guess without full details of exactly what you did and said and what the invigilation staff report to the examiners. Disqualification from that subject is almost certain if you even had your phone, caught using it and the outcome will be much more severe.

The most severe sanction available is to be banned from all exams with all examiners for a set period (that can be years). With the very limited detail you have shared it doesn't seem a likely punishment in this case, the only time I've heard of that being used was when students obtained and shared a copy of an exam paper prior to the examination being taken.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by jastyan

why would u use ur phone lol
Well your formal education pretty much just ended for the foreseeable future and you've utterly screwed yourself. As others have said being able to resit is not assured.
Hello.
Are you saying that you brought and used a phone into your GCSE exams (more than one exam) to cheat, and they caught you mid paper with it? If that's the case you'd be looking at two violations here; bringing unauthorized material into an exam with you, and using that unauthorized material with the intent and purpose of cheating during an official examination. Neither one unfortunately works well in your favour.
If they have caught you and reported you, then according to JCQ Guidelines for 2021-2022 the worst punishment the exam board(s) may give you is that you could be disqualified from this qualification, or all of your exam entries (no GCSE's). You may also be barred from taking any exams with those exam boards for a set period of time (usually a few years maximum). There are other less serious punishments and I pray that you get one of them instead of the harshest form.
To go to sixth form you usually need to have a few GCSE's grade 4-5 including Maths and English Language. I'm afraid if they prescribe you the severest form of punishment and suspend you from taking any form of examinations, you'd be looking at waiting a few years maximum before you could sit anything.

Best advice I can give you, is learn from this.
I understand that you may be terrified of failing or terrified of disappointing someone in an exam, but these are GCSE's... As long as you pass them you've got them in the bag. You don't need to get a Grade 9 in everything. You are good enough.
I hope they are lenient on you assuming they have reported it. I wouldn't wish anything bad on any kid that's 15-16.

Try not to panic, just hold your head up high and accept whatever happens, happens now.
Best of luck to the future kid. Don't lose hope either. We all make mistakes, we just have to learn from them in different ways.
Original post by Funtimes01_
Hello.
Are you saying that you brought and used a phone into your GCSE exams (more than one exam) to cheat, and they caught you mid paper with it? If that's the case you'd be looking at two violations here; bringing unauthorized material into an exam with you, and using that unauthorized material with the intent and purpose of cheating during an official examination. Neither one unfortunately works well in your favour.
If they have caught you and reported you, then according to JCQ Guidelines for 2021-2022 the worst punishment the exam board(s) may give you is that you could be disqualified from this qualification, or all of your exam entries (no GCSE's). You may also be barred from taking any exams with those exam boards for a set period of time (usually a few years maximum). There are other less serious punishments and I pray that you get one of them instead of the harshest form.
To go to sixth form you usually need to have a few GCSE's grade 4-5 including Maths and English Language. I'm afraid if they prescribe you the severest form of punishment and suspend you from taking any form of examinations, you'd be looking at waiting a few years maximum before you could sit anything.

Best advice I can give you, is learn from this.
I understand that you may be terrified of failing or terrified of disappointing someone in an exam, but these are GCSE's... As long as you pass them you've got them in the bag. You don't need to get a Grade 9 in everything. You are good enough.
I hope they are lenient on you assuming they have reported it. I wouldn't wish anything bad on any kid that's 15-16.

Try not to panic, just hold your head up high and accept whatever happens, happens now.
Best of luck to the future kid. Don't lose hope either. We all make mistakes, we just have to learn from them in different ways.

Hello,
A similar scenario has happened with me during my A level exam. I was caught towards the end of my exam with a phone in my pocket which i only realised i had it when they told me at the end of the exam. After the exam i immediately gave my phone to them and i complied with their instructions as i did not use it at all. I would not dare to use a phone in an exam thats not me. They found absolutely no evidence of me using my phone and they even checked the activity of all my applications, but nothing was used during the exam. They had to report this to AQA and i have no clue what will happen and i have been super panicking all these days as it was a very genuine but also extremely stupid mistake. It may sound like BS, but i promise when i say that the reason why i did not realize my phone was on me it was because i was literally running on a 2 hour sleep as i had to revise very late and i had to wake up at 6 am to catch my train and after that my bus (live 2 hours from school). I was really unaware of my surroundings at the time and i was just trying to get my paper done.
Please dont give me any ****, i already feel destroyed after this...just tell me what you think could happen...

Latest

Trending

Trending