Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wednesday already a goal up against Blackburn and Leeds have scored against Ipswich

Edit: Wednesday's lead didn't last long and seems like a serious injury to Lewis McGugan, meanwhile Derby are already 3-0 up against Brighton after 20 minutes, Brentford sadly losing to Huddersfield and Middlesbrough 4-0 up against Millwall before half time

We played poorly today. Huddersfield had a game plan and stuck to it and our wing backs couldn't decide whether to attack or sit back and stop their wingers getting in behind, which resulted in them being stuck inbetween and being mostly ineffectual. Never mind, I'm very happy with a five game winning streak and I can look to this defeat as the curse of the Manager of the Month.

ReputationRep:
    The worst refereeing performance i've seen in 10 years, most definitely. Mike Jones you have had one.

A fairly even, good flowing game of football with us leading, perhaps deservedly. Van La Parra goes for a 50/50 ball in the air, with their defender - is second to the ball, foul at most for most people of a neutral persuasion, but not good old Mike Jones. Once he'd incited the atmosphere to turn against him he did everything he could to play the villain, a Bournemouth player didn't have to appeal a decision for him to blow his whistle. The sending off at the end is laughable, another strong but fair challenge, but whatever because Mike Jones knows best.

I can't blame the players, again we weren't at our early season form but we gave everything and deserved at least a point. It says it all that ****ing Uriah Rennie probably would have been disappointed with that performance.

I'm not even mad...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Huddersfield are so inconsistent it is unreal, they pull a good performance followed by a bad one. Ask for Millwall they got absolutely destroyed today by Middlesbrough, was another bad day for Leeds as they went down 4-1 at Ipswich and Wednesday have now won back to back games. It looks like Gary Rowett's honeymoon period may be over after Birmingham lost 1-0 to Blackpool.

MK Dons were surprisingly knocked out by Chesterfield, currently Wrexham are beating Maidstone 1-0.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Blackpool may have got the win today but them staying up is SUCH a tough task. Also, didn't see Fulham's result last night coming. Thought they were full of confidence under Kit.

ReputationRep:
    What's going on at Brighton? Seem to be on an irreversible slide.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Feel for Hyypia tbh. He's been a childhood hero of mine for so long - but it's tough for foreign managers to get teams going in the Championship. It's SUCH a tough league.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Brighton were up against a Derby side who are in red hot form.

(Original post by Mackay)
    Blackpool may have got the win today but them staying up is SUCH a tough task. Also, didn't see Fulham's result last night coming. Thought they were full of confidence under Kit.
    Didn't help themselves when they had their keeper sent off early on.

ReputationRep:
    Feel for Hyypia tbh. He's been a childhood hero of mine for so long - but it's tough for foreign managers to get teams going in the Championship. It's SUCH a tough league.
    I lived in Brighton during their first year at the Amex and the optimism in the city was huge. Seems as though that's worn off and the grind has caught up. Shame, a really good club and good fans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's no such thing as confidence when Abdi/Deeney/Vydra get their trio working.

Also, that Wolves red card was utterly stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    MK Dons were surprisingly knocked out by Chesterfield, currently Wrexham are beating Maidstone 1-0.
    Maidstone put up a good fight and if it wasn’t for our keeper, Flatt, they could have easily managed a draw but he pulled off a couple of good saves. Felt a little bit nervous when they pulled it back to 2-1 but an enjoyable match with 46 shots in total. Plus no red cards for us which is a bonus considering our poor discipline this season.

Into the third round and avoided being humiliated, for now. A big team in this round would be great, not just because of the whole “big” team thing but the money to come from it would be great. This is why I love the cups as the money we can generate from cup matches can help a fan owned club with a very small budget go a long way. Even winning the FA Trophy was beneficial for us as we would have never been able to get out of debt last year if we didn’t win that competition. I know some people are divided and would rather concentrate on the league but going on a bit of a cup run is always welcome in my eyes.

Not really the best round of matches today for a "cup upset". Could be different tomorrow as there are a few mismatches between teams who could pull off a little surprise starting with Gateshead-Warrington at noon.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Maidstone put up a good fight and if it wasn’t for our keeper, Flatt, they could have easily managed a draw but he pulled off a couple of good saves. Felt a little bit nervous when they pulled it back to 2-1 but an enjoyable match with 46 shots in total. Plus no red cards for us which is a bonus considering our poor discipline this season.

Into the third round and avoided being humiliated, for now. A big team in this round would be great, not just because of the whole “big” team thing but the money to come from it would be great. This is why I love the cups as the money we can generate from cup matches can help a fan owned club with a very small budget go a long way. Even winning the FA Trophy was beneficial for us as we would have never been able to get out of debt last year if we didn’t win that competition. I know some people are divided and would rather concentrate on the league but going on a bit of a cup run is always welcome in my eyes.

Not really the best round of matches today for a "cup upset". Could be different tomorrow as there are a few mismatches between teams who could pull off a little surprise starting with Gateshead-Warrington at noon.
    Yeah a cup run is always fun because always throws up some interesting ties, whilst there wasn't much in the way of upsets today, last night certainly provided one and we'll see if any come up tomorrow.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Obviously it's disappointing to go out of the cup so early, but on the plus side we can now focus on promotion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    There's no such thing as confidence when Abdi/Deeney/Vydra get their trio working.

Good old Mike, that trusty old game ruiner.

(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Maidstone put up a good fight and if it wasn’t for our keeper, Flatt, they could have easily managed a draw but he pulled off a couple of good saves.
    Flatt did well then?! Noticed it was his debut and we have a good habit of bringing through good quality academy keepers.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Come on Worcester!

ReputationRep:
    Wimbeldon in to the FA Cup 3rd Round...

Thats the way we do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Obviously it's disappointing to go out of the cup so early, but on the plus side we can now focus on promotion.
    Thoughts on yesterdays match?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)

On both red cards I can see why the referee has sent them off. Number one, he goes into the player with his elbow and is not looking anywhere remotely near the ball.

Number two is debatable, but for me red card. Excessive force and off the ground.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferret1)
    On both red cards I can see why the referee has sent them off. Number one, he goes into the player with his elbow and is not looking anywhere remotely near the ball.

Number two is debatable, but for me red card. Excessive force and off the ground.
    Nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Flatt did well then?! Noticed it was his debut and we have a good habit of bringing through good quality academy keepers.
    This was his fourth match for us and it was his best game out of the lot.The other matches were a 3-2 defeat against Altrincham, a 1-1 draw with Kiddy and a 3-1 win against Aldershot. So no clean sheets thus far for him.

I don't want to be too harsh on him as he has had to go straight into the team due to our GK crisis and has had very little time with the rest of the squad and surroundings, plus it has only been four matches.

He has done okay but you can tell he is a young keeper and still very much learning. He did pull off a couple of good saves yesterday but he doesn't like catching the ball if a cross comes into the box and his kicking is something that can be improved as the majority of balls fall pretty short and low. But like I said, it has only been four matches and pretty difficult circumstances for him so I don't really want to fault him as he's done okay considering. Plus he celebrated those Wrexham goals yesterday as if we made it through to the final too, and it's not often you get a loan signing (especially with him only being here for less than a month) showing so much passion like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we ask to extend his loan for a little bit longer. We have Bachmann on loan from Stoke until January but chances are high we will probably ask if we can have him for longer as he has been our main GK. Our other GK, Coughlin, has broken a couple of bones in his hand so we have no one to go in goal once Bachmann leaves. But Stoke refuse to let him play in the FA Cup and with us getting into the third round there is a possibility we'll ask Flatt back too.

Seeing as though you're a Wolves fan... I'm surprised you took Bradley Reid off us when you did. I understand he's just in your U21 squad though?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.