The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by win2kpro
We are coming to teach the Nottingham Medics how to play football Friday-Sunday. :wink2:

Cool beans. I literally have no idea how good our football team is.
Original post by Renal
BL would piss all over you.

(In the old days anyway, before they became all soft)

I beg to differ :hand:
Reply 2102
Original post by Jessaay!
I beg to differ :hand:
Come talk to me when you have a 20 second boat race team.
Original post by Renal

You certainly don't anymore. Hockey freshers v hockey freshers boatrace you got royally spanked. :tongue:
Original post by Renal

Impressive, but I'm sure I could get a good one together :p:
Reply 2105
Original post by Onychophagia
You certainly don't anymore. Hockey freshers v hockey freshers boatrace you got royally spanked. :tongue:
Bad times, our kids these days are ****ing soft weaklings. The rot set in about 4 years ago when they got told that they could drink like girls and it was okay. I hear they also keep their clothes on now. :no:
Had to drop out of Hammersmith Head today because of my condition after merger, spent all morning chundering, lost all self respect...

BUT THE MERGER CUP IS OURS!
Original post by JordanCarroll
Had to drop out of Hammersmith Head today because of my condition after merger, spent all morning chundering, lost all self respect...

BUT THE MERGER CUP IS OURS!

Dare I even ask what merger is?

I hurt from WeHORR. Haven't done any work today. Bad times.
Dare I even ask what merger is?

I hurt from WeHORR. Haven't done any work today. Bad times.

In 1995 there was a merger between the two medical colleges (St Bartholemew's and The London), and Queen Mary, since then there's been an annual sports event between the medical and dental school and the rest of QMUL.
As you can imagine there's great satisfaction in beating QM mainly because of their significantly larger pool of students to draw players from, along with a lot less rigorous degrees etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merger_Cup

I tried to looks for The RUMS womens boats in pictures of the WHORR, couldn't find any dammit :tongue: And I don't know why our women didn't enter! terrible terrible terrible...
(edited 13 years ago)
Lol at the recent wiki update :rofl:

The dominant past of Barts and their recent 2011 victory completely overshadows the insignificant achievements by QMUL.
In 1995 there was a merger between the two medical colleges (St Bartholemew's and The London), and Queen Mary, since then there's been an annual sports event between the medical and dental school and the rest of QMUL.
As you can imagine there's great satisfaction in beating QM mainly because of their significantly larger pool of students to draw players from, along with a lot less rigorous degrees etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merger_Cup

I tried to looks for The RUMS womens boats in pictures of the WHORR, couldn't find any dammit :tongue: And I don't know why our women didn't enter! terrible terrible terrible...

Aahh, interesting. We don't do that :frown: We definitely should, though. We just get uber competitive with UCL to the point where on Wednesday a couple of girls from my boat were talking casually about WeHORR ratings to a couple of girls from UCL in the boat house changing room, and they went "we'd rather have a **** high rating of 34 than a **** low rating of 28" when we mentioned we'd be going at about 28-30 and a girl from my boat went "I think you've missed the point of rowing", to which the girl from UCL started shouting uncontrollably at her :p: Quite funny actually

We beat all the UH seconds as well as UCL seconds and George's 1sts and there's a picture of us overtaking ICSM which was very satisfying. We were only 13 seconds behind our first boat too :colone:

I don't know if you can see but there are a LOT of photos being tagged around of wehorr on my profile. A lot with some rather questionable rowing and of course rowing faces but photos nonetheless.
Lol at the recent wiki update :rofl:

The dominant past of Barts and their recent 2011 victory completely overshadows the insignificant achievements by QMUL.

Hahaa that's awesome.
Aahh, interesting. We don't do that :frown: We definitely should, though. We just get uber competitive with UCL to the point where on Wednesday a couple of girls from my boat were talking casually about WeHORR ratings to a couple of girls from UCL in the boat house changing room, and they went "we'd rather have a **** high rating of 34 than a **** low rating of 28" when we mentioned we'd be going at about 28-30 and a girl from my boat went "I think you've missed the point of rowing", to which the girl from UCL started shouting uncontrollably at her :p: Quite funny actually

We beat all the UH seconds as well as UCL seconds and George's 1sts and there's a picture of us overtaking ICSM which was very satisfying. We were only 13 seconds behind our first boat too :colone:

I don't know if you can see but there are a LOT of photos being tagged around of wehorr on my profile. A lot with some rather questionable rowing and of course rowing faces but photos nonetheless.

Ahh jesus :') well done! that's awesome :biggrin:
Oh yeah I forgot I have you on fb! rowing faces are priceless :rofl:
Ahh jesus :') well done! that's awesome :biggrin:
Oh yeah I forgot I have you on fb! rowing faces are priceless :rofl:

Merci! How did your guys do in Hammersmith?

Our novice men are taking over RUMS. They keep beating our Men's 2nds and were 15 seconds behind the 1sts. They're delightfully cocky about it, too :p:
Bored. Might actually read a (non-medical) book for a bit before bed.
Original post by Fission_Mailed

They exist?!? I miss reading for fun. :frown:
Would just like to say that red hair is totally ftw.
Original post by Lantana
They exist?!? I miss reading for fun. :frown:

I bought a pile of Napoleonic war naval dramas (Stockwin, O'Brian, et al) at a market yesterday. Win. :awesome:
Original post by Mushi_master
Would just like to say that red hair is totally ftw.

Have you met lekky then? :lol:
Reply 2119
Original post by Fission_Mailed

I rediscovered Orwell the other day.. nice trip to waterstones, picked up animal farm and 1984. lovely stuff!

it's amazing how many 'real' words i've forgotten though :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending