The Student Room Group

Bringing horse to uni

Bit of a niche topic but I was wondering how people have managed in the past because I don’t want to sell her or find a sharer
Original post by Squashysalmon
Bit of a niche topic but I was wondering how people have managed in the past because I don’t want to sell her or find a sharer

I am instantly reminded of Malory Towers! 😃
Original post by ageshallnot

Haha my sister did take hers to boarding school!
I've never felt so working class reading something before 😅😅😅
you may find that Unis with Vet Med courses are well equipped to help here, if you need to find local stabling then that's a different question
Haha my sister did take hers to boarding school!

In the ongoing TV series, there's a reference to "the third form stables" - making it clear that other years* have their own facilities!

*Though not first and second years, apparently.
Original post by ageshallnot

CBBC has a TV show of that now! :yep:

Is the uni rural or in a city? Since its quite a niche question it might be also worth asking on local facebook group page specific to whatever uni's your applying to for stable recommendations.
Also depending on the type of course its worth bearing in mind what your priorities are, as you might not have as much time as before.
Not that niche, on TSR there is a thread for everything:

Keeping horse at uni
Reply 9
I'd guess looking up the equestrian society on the student union website of a few unis and sending them an email?
Reply 10
This made me think of the Rubberbandits (as well as the local Irish travellers)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending